ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos the youngest to own a 172 or cup...

well i own a williams but im 22 0ncd and 1 crash(fairly big one too) it costs me £1600 full comp, a gp 17 car

do you think that its a mistake driving a car like 182 at 18? disregarding the insurance... do you think that if you drive like a granny for the first 5000 miles is not enough? dont you think that you can get used with the car just like with any other car?

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 07 June 2004

im 22, so probably not the youngest cup owner but i did have an Evo When i was 19! i wouldnt recommend that though:eek:, im still paying for it now really:cry:

Was awesome though!
[Edited by jongsr4 on 07 June 2004 at 5:31pm]
Too right you are ;)

Too right it was!

Youre the only Cup owner not to have insurance ;)

Hurry up and sell that Saxo :)

[Edited by Adamf on 07 June 2004 at 9:39pm]

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

I was 21 when I got my Mk1 172.

23 when I got the 330 cabby and 25 when I got the V6.

Arent cars brilliant.:D (In a fast show stylee)

Suzuki SV1000S

If your on your dads insurance then I reccomend you buy a sh*tty old thing for £100 and get 3rd part insurance and then just leave it at your house and build up the NCB.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

my m8 is 20 and has an 04 plate 172.

another m8 whos 17 soon has a brand new mini cooper waiting for him!

there was an arab guy in milfield (boarding skool) who had a porsche wen he turned 18 and crashed it then had a ferrari at 19 and killed himself and his sister... surely his rich daddy (oil company owner) didnt learn after he crashed the porsche?

i m8 who lives in shefield used to go to skool with these two twins (boys) who had a black 325i each (brand new) wen they turned 18. again, very rich!

just goes to show that theres either alot of money about or that thers alot of spolt brats about!

im just 20 and have a 172 knew a lad who was 17 couldnt run it after 3 months and sold it when he turned 18, also know two good mates (twins) (both jippos) one has a 330 cab brand new sports kit etc other has a slk320 merc(thinks thats it not the one with the metal convertable roof the normal cabriolet) anyways both sounds lads and yes i am very jealous

There are two lads at my brothers uni (nottingham) one has an SL500 (the new one) and the other has a maserati coupe or some sort both of there dads are some arab sheeks or something. Bets bit is they havnt got parking permits so they cannot use the cars very easily.

o and on another not my g/fs bro is 19 18month drink drive ban no no claiims as yet and wrote a car off whilst dd and is driving a civic type r

Im 19 in a month with no NCB, and I dunno where you guys get your quotes from, but Ive tried a good dozen insurers and the best i get for me is over 5000 (single male student living away from home) and 3200 as a named driver.

Bit stupid. Lets work this out...Im picking up my shiny new 182 in 3 days time and at that kinda price ill have basically bought another one in 3 years time! I drove a 1.6 RXE Auto for a year when I was 17, and that was around the 450 mark for me as a named driver.

Admittedly getting this kinda car was a tad suicidal from that point of view...

im 23 4 yrs ncb and my renewalis 752 with direct line. Everyone else is asking for over £1k and Norwich union wont even insure it till im 25 (after spendind 20 mins on the phone confirming every detail to them at least four times)

My westfield is only £432 to insure, with no ncb needed and that will leave my clio for dust!

Im 31 and would pay about 600 (maybe less) but I protected my No Claims which cost an extra 200 because I had a claim in 2002, next year itll be alot cheaper (allegedly)

My company pays my insurance (up to 1000) so I got the most expensive best policy I could find :)

£2000+ Insurance is just TOOO Expensive, Its just not worth it.

182, GTR, C63

Hi im 18 and have a cup i insure it in my rents name with 6 yrs ncb and im a named driver it works out at 1400. which is v cheap for such a car.

Nissan R35 GT-R

I had my Cup at 20. Paid about £1700 with £900 excess. This was with 2 years NCB.

Not bad really.

Im 20 and have got a 172.Its insured in my dads name with me as a named driver for 1k.But i have had a quote for less than 2k for me with just one years ncb.

It take the piss cos im paying 1k a year for my diesel astra estate!!!

p.s anyone want to buy my car?lol!!

Gav.

29 when i bought my 172, most powerful car to date i have ever owned, (til i get my 1.8T re-mapped) cos i bought a house at 24 and just selling it now for £100k more than i bought it for!

(oh the house i mean that is) ;)

better investment than paying through the nose for insurance at a young age imo.

182, GTR, C63

Its a better investment but i fancy living at parents home for a fair few more years and blowing all my money on cars. Not sensible but more fun!! property isnt as good as you think we bought a house at 30k 20 years ago and sold it for 125k a few years ago since then we have moved twice whatever money you make youll spend on your next house anyway. Oh and its ready to pop!