ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whose ordered 54

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 26 August 2004

loads of clios being delivered outside my office to renault for the new 54 plate, whose ordered one for themselves at renault uk?
Does this mean the factory is now open and churning out cars again?

Ive ordered one too! Doubt mine will be here yet, its due at the dealer on 16th Sept.

Kev.

ps Any Racing Blue 182s there?! lol

[Edited by Kev. on 26 August 2004 at 2:15pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 26 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 26 August 2004

loads of clios being delivered outside my office to renault for the new 54 plate, whose ordered one for themselves at renault uk?
Does this mean the factory is now open and churning out cars again?

sorry no, i work next to a dealer and was just asking if anyone had bought cars from renault uk

mine is due on 15th to dealer, me gets it on the, cant see it being early either, i hope it is though!

How often do the cars arrive ontime, early or late?????

Stuart

I am supposed to pick mine up on the 1st Sept. Phoned the dealer to check on progress and they have a delivery date to them from Renault as anywhere between 27th Aug and 6th Sept? I do hope it arrives at the dealers 2morrow as I ordered this in July!

Renaultsport Clio 182

Ive ordered a 182, and its in Britain!!!!!!!!!!!

God knows where tho, dont worry Scots_Clio I ordered mine back at Easter and they still cant confirm the delivery date of it, but I have got the Reg No for it so I can insure the beast.

Yaris Hybrid

Five and half to six month wait for a Clio?

What is the world coming to....so that puts my mid-June ordered Clio somewhere around Xmas!!!

On a transporter to my door on the 1st :)

I think Ill "work from home" so I can put a few miles on it.

Apparently Renault are working again - though dont know if that means the Clio. Spoke to someone in the trade today who has just received Scenics that were scheduled for September build / Oct delivery.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

Ordered my Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique on Aug 15th so I should be getting mine Sept/Oct. I am S***in myself cuss its my 1st car since passing my test in July :confused:.

I picked up my 04 Artic Blue 182 on the way home from work, well I left work at 2:30 cos the boss was away, couldnt wait to get behind the wheel and see how it goes.

It was quite funny how I happened to buy one really, I was talking to my Brother on the phone last Thursday and he was going on about this Clio 182 which I had never heard of until then, well he was going on about it so much I dropped in to my local dealer to see what all the fuss was about. Well to cut a long story short, I saw it and bought it there and then 2 months old, some old grandad bought it and decided he didnt like so traded it in for a Megane estate.

I think value for money you cant beat it, performance looks it has the lot.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093558227__ClioSport182.jpg

im waiting for arctic blue cupd and spoilered 1st week in sept(alledgedly)thru broker so no idea which dealer being bought thru

tw

Yaris Hybrid

Does anyone know if the factory has reopened yet? It would be a morale booster to those of us who have been waiting ages.

Still waiting for 182, Ordered end of may, was due at dealers 9th Aug, now 9th Sept, Will be Very pleased if it arrives by then though.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 28 August 2004
Weve ordered one, is at the dealers now ready to be picked up on wednesday!1.2 16v dynamique in black!

I think the Dynamiques are made in a different factory to the renault sports

^^^

we ordered back in may to get a good deal, then decided we wouldnt collect til september for the 54 plate....

good old renault, only got delivered last week anyway lol!

Ive just places an order for an Arctic bluse with both cup packs, they said about 6-8 weeks wait but that doubtful after reading the posts

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah 6 to 8 weeks is their standard reply and means absolutely nothing. I was given the same figure despite the factory shutting down during that period!!! They are talking b****cks basically.

Its already been 8/9 weeks for me and will be at least 12 before I get the car. Given what DazW said though and bearing in mind he ordered his a few weeks before mine I suspect that I will get the car in mid to late Oct - thats more like 16 weeks in end!

If you are very lucky it could be 12 weeks but I say closer to 16 so fingers crossed you might get it in the run up to Xmas otherwise it could be 2005!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Ordered racing blue 182 on 16th July for delivery on 25th Sept.

Will tell them to keep it until 6th Oct as going Holland for the first week in Oct and no point in paying road tax when not going to use the car!

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 29 August 2004

Yeah 6 to 8 weeks is their standard reply and means absolutely nothing. I was given the same figure despite the factory shutting down during that period!!! They are talking b****cks basically.

Its already been 8/9 weeks for me and will be at least 12 before I get the car. Given what DazW said though and bearing in mind he ordered his a few weeks before mine I suspect that I will get the car in mid to late Oct - thats more like 16 weeks in end!

If you are very lucky it could be 12 weeks but I say closer to 16 so fingers crossed you might get it in the run up to Xmas otherwise it could be 2005!
Renault are pretty good when it comes to delivery compared to other manufacturers I have dealt with in the past.

The factory does shut down for the summer Holiday and you unfortunately ordered at the wrong time of year. I should imagine that production will be back in full flow and Renault dealers will be able to meet there schedule of 6- 8 weeks delivery times again..

If you dont want to wait that long Im sure there are dealers out there that have cars available straight away.. Its just a case of looking around!!!

Clio

ive got an 04 dynamiquie

already i want a cup lol

the only thing wrong with my car is the 1.2 16v block

Yaris Hybrid

The factory does shut down for the summer Holiday and you unfortunately ordered at the wrong time of year. I should imagine that production will be back in full flow and Renault dealers will be able to meet there schedule of 6- 8 weeks delivery times again..

I dont see how they can do that? They had a waiting list of 8 weeks and then closed the factory for a few weeks. Unfortunately people didnt stop placing orders during those few weeks the factory was closed...

So now they have a backlog of 13 or 14 weeks? If they can just "catch up" and work that back down to 8 weeks why dont they keep on going and get the wait down to say just a month? I dare say they will catch up by next summer but for the time being its surely a wait of at least 3 months? Or am I missing something?

There is no way msa172mk1 will get his car by Oct 6th let alone 25th Sept! I would be lucky to get mine by then and I have a few week headstart over him!

I was told that the 225 would be about 10 weeks and that was 8 weeks ago. Ive been told to expect at least another 4 week wait.

I took delivery of my new clio today(1.2 16v Sport Dymanique). It only arrived at the dealership yesterday and they quickly put it through its PDI and I got it at closing time tonight. Done 50 miles in it already and I am chuffed to bits. Been reading the manual and was wondering how I can tell that I have a 1.2 16v engine. According to the pics in the manual what I have under the bonnet resembles the 1.4 16v as my oil filler cap is to the side at the front whereas on the 1.2 16v in the manual is to the side in the middle. Also the black engine cover is the same shape as the 1.4 in the pic. Is there any way I can tell what size engine I have? On the rubbing strips on the doors it just says 16v. I dont wanna walk into the dealership 2morrow and look like an plonker asking if they have supplied me with the right car! Any help appreciated. Cheers

Yaris Hybrid

Well I am here looking at the the photos I took of the engines on my pre face lift 1.2 16v and my current shape 1.2 16v and they both have a grey engine cover and it has "RENAULT" written in silver then a yellow "16v" perpendicular to that followed by "1.2l" in silver!!! Exactly the same on both engines! You sure they aint sold you a 1.2 8v!!!!!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

the 1.2 16v will say 16v on the badge down by the wheel, i doubt they would put the wrong engine in the car

There is no writing on the cover what so ever. I have a big black cover on top of the engine which has 3 horizontal lines same as the pic for the 1.4 16v in the manual. The pic of the 1.2 16v in the manual has a different shaped cover and 4 black tubes coming out the front of it which i dont have on my engine. Also my dipstick is the same as the 1.4 16v pic as the 1.2 16v in the pic has a looped end to it that u can put your finger through and the dip stick on mine is just rounded off. I know Renault chop and change things but i am just a little confused. And no it aint a 1.2 8v theyve given me as its got 16v on the doors!