ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why a clio

what made you choose a clio?

well i fell for the looks of my dynamique from the front especially with the fogs and the new shape lights, but i dont think that there is one bad angle to view it from.....but it had to be a black one imo

you?

i just love the looks of a mk1 clio, differnt from fiestas, saxos and so on. There was hardly any around my way when i got mine now loads are about, must be a trend setter lol.

Octavia VRS

good spec, value for money, shape, looks, cant really say performance as its only a 1.4 but it does the job

It was either a Corsa GSi, Saxo VTS, 106 GTi or a Valver

So i bought the Valver on 130k miles, and less then a month later i bought my 52k miles willy 3 engine and had my 1st meeting with mailto:Andy@GDi">Andy@GDi :D

[Edited by Smokey on 28 January 2005 at 1:26pm]

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quickest best equipped hot hatch for 12K new and it doesnt look like an MPV

Volvo S60 D5

Well, I wanted something that was:-

Brand new
Had Air Con or Climate control
As many toys as possible
Economical as possible
Fairly fun to drive
Looked good
I was going to get a Ford Ka (yes yes, I know the looks arent to everyones tastes, but I liked it!) and they were doing the Luxury models (70bhp) which had leather, air con etc for £8495.

Then I looked at the Clio. For an extra £500 Id have a dynamique with Climate control, electric sunroof, bigger alloys, rain sensing wipers, 4 airbags instead of 1, CD controls on the wheel, 98bhp rather than 70bhp, better economy (just), better looks and a slightly better image!

A year later, and I got a bit bored... so I bought a Volvo T5, now Im looking to go back to the Clio again as its so much cheaper to run!

Well I had a Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2003.....Before that I had fun, lots of fun with a 172 that had been Fished by Mark Fish.....Ive seen the light again......And ordered a new 182....Nuff said.

Scirocco GT 210

Well after owning a 1.4 fiesta, I wanted something much faster, but I had a limited budget. Wanted to get a pug 106 gti for ages... but as soon as I realised I could afford a 172, I went for that. Loving it :D

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

cos the hot hatch is back! the clio may not be the best, but it fights when cornered!

(p.s its better than an st or golf

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

I had an old skool renault turbo when I was young free & single...

As soon as I could ditch the mummy mobile *read car with a big enough boot for pram & all the associated junk for kids* I got a 172... Rather like wearing your best fitting jeans or leather trousers...

*not that I own leather trousers*

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 28 January 2005
I had an old skool renault turbo when I was young free & single...As soon as I could ditch the mummy mobile *read car with a big enough boot for pram & all the associated junk for kids* I got a 172... Rather like wearing your best fitting jeans or leather trousers...*not that I own leather trousers*

not what i herd :p