ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why are my brand new tyres going flat :(

172 cup
Hello,

Had some Pirelli p zero neros fitted to my cup on Saturday and have noticed one of them keeps going flat within a day. I thought i'd pump it up to see if it happened again and low and behold it has.
Local garage who put them on is closed atm so going to ring them in the morning.

Any suggestions as to why?? a lad at works said something about beading?? but im not sure.
Also why do garages seem to take paint off an alloy, surely there's a way or is it just negligence (sp)

george 172,205,metro
older wheels the paint bubbles so the tyre bead cannot seal
could be a dodgy valve,could have picked a puncture up on the way home??

172 cup
older wheels the paint bubbles so the tyre bead cannot seal
could be a dodgy valve,could have picked a puncture up on the way home??

I think id be very unlucky to get a puncture on the way home lol. hoping its a valve maybe tbh I aint got a clue, just pretty pi*sed off

I had no problem with the previous tyres.

172 Cup
Could just be dirt round the beading, had one before that would slowly deflate. Shouldn't be a valve as they should of been replaced with the tyres.

WRX
Quick wire brush and a coat of bead seal around the inside of the rim, where it meets the tyre should sort it. Should be able to do it where you had them fitted.

I think id be very unlucky to get a puncture on the way home lol. hoping its a valve maybe tbh I aint got a clue, just pretty pi*sed off

I had no problem with the previous tyres.

this happened to me once, literally 5 mins drive from the garage to the house and i had a screw in the sod

172 cup
I'm just hoping it is poor fitment, I was booked in for 11.30 and the chap was already doing another car and didn't finish that till 12.00 that's there closing time so mine was finished around 12.30. I'm hoping he rushed it and as above hasn't cleaned the rim properly.
The other rear tyre is fine that's why im baffled, Just hoping it aint a puncture, more expense :(

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Quick wire brush and a coat of bead seal around the inside of the rim, where it meets the tyre should sort it. Should be able to do it where you had them fitted.

This. Happens more when wheels are in bad nick paint wise etc on the rears of them.

CLIO 172
Stick the wheel in a bath or tub of water. It will show up the problem straight away if its going down that quick.

Could be pin hole in side wall, bad valve, bad seating in the rim if the wheel is corroded, simple puncture, or a fault with the tyre manufacturing.
Wheel and tyre in a big tub of water will show the problem straight away.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
​I think i'd genuinely cry.

Tyre place in Witney that I used to take my motorbike to, had a wall of shame.

For those Bikers that would ride out on fresh rubber, forgetting you need to scrub them in, give it a handful and end up on the deck.

OT: I'd say valve, especially as it's only on these tyres. Definitely all straight though, and no dings on the rim?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
​I think i'd genuinely cry.

I fitted new tyres on our RRS, on the way home I hit a hit a rock in the side of the road (big fucker too) because some c**t wanted my side of the road and wouldnt move over... Took out both passenger tyres...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
this happened to me once, literally 5 mins drive from the garage to the house and i had a screw in the sod

Same here on my previous car. Got the tyres fitted at dinner, and on the way home from work - BANG! A nail (luckily) straight in the middle of the tyre. Phoned the garage up and the guys there repaired it FOC - which was decent of them!

Funny the OP mentioned P-Zero Neros. My offside front had a slow puncture and last Saturday I took it off to see where the fault was. Again, a nail - straight in the shoulder of the tyre. :( So I went to get it replaced, more pissed off that the OCD part of me meant that it would be two new tyres on the front, rather than swapping just one corner out. Took the nearside front off, which appeared fully inflated, only to see a nail in the shoulder of that tyre too.

D.

172 cup
Was to busy to get down there today so will wait till tomorrow. :(
Does anyone know of any good tyre fitters in oxfordshire area for future reference, preferably ones who take care of your refurbed alloys or is this inevitable that there going to take paint off?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Pump it up and put some watery washing up liquid solution on the valve. If it bubbles there's your problem. Take the wheel off and do the same round the rim.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
If they're freshly refurbished and they took paint off them whilst fitting, I'd be kicking up more stink than Mel B's minge.

172 cup
LOL

Not freshly refurbed but were still in good condition, definitely wont be using them again even though they've got pretty good reviews and was recomended by a friend.
Place called protyre

172 cup
Took my car to a different tyre shop today to get them refitted and in the end it was where the previous place had rushed it and not done the beading right, it was leaking from the tyre wall.
This time no paint was removed and ill defo be going back to this place for tyre fitting,

Audi A5
I thought it would be the beading.

you give of this attitude like its ok if tyre fitters scrap you alloys when fitting tyres. If we scrapped someone's wheel and they kicked off we would have to pay out for a refurb.

You should go back their and talk to the manager and tell him about the tyre going flat aswell. Why should you pay for a refurb? You payed them for a service and they've damaged your car, they should pay.

koi

Audi S1
My new tyres done this as well after a week, turned out to be the valve. Better that than having to shell out for a new tyre.

172 cup
I thought it would be the beading.

you give of this attitude like its ok if tyre fitters scrap you alloys when fitting tyres. If we scrapped someone's wheel and they kicked off we would have to pay out for a refurb.

You should go back their and talk to the manager and tell him about the tyre going flat aswell. Why should you pay for a refurb? You payed them for a service and they've damaged your car, they should pay.

I should do really but when someone fu*ks something up on my car I never go back there lol, I also think it's where in the past I just accepted they do take a bit of paint and its one of those things when fitting new tyres. From now on I will kick up a fuss if they're damaged at all.