ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why are my tyres getting worn like this?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Maybe the photos are not great but you can see where there is more wear, any ideas as to why? This is on the front passenger side wheel and the others do not appear to be like this.

I was thinking perhaps that hooning around roundabouts a little bit fast was perhaps the issue?!

172 cup
yep its just pushing it on corners that does it, mine are the same. T1-R's are common for it with them having a soft side wall there for rolling under on hard cornering. Stick a couple more psi in there if it bothers you

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
would i be right in saying that this sort of wear doenst really matter anyway? Isnt it the centre 3/4 of the wheel surface that is tested for minimal depth?

172 cup
you'll never wear out that bit of your tyre before the center/edge of it unless you spend your life going round rb's. Its not badly worn at all in the pic tbh.

Last edited:

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
ok, cheers mate. I was just worried about getting agro from the old bill if i ever get pulled!

mk2 ph1 clio
shud b ok 4 bit... just keep ur eye on it... if u start seeing like a canvas underneeth then get them changed lol

172 cup
ner not for that in the slightest. I'd almost class that as the side wall.

Like I said stick a couple more psi in there, will help it stop from under steer too

mk2 ph1 clio
looks like u get alot of flex in ur tyres from the pic... nxt tyres id invest in sum lower profiles 50% is alot

it'll be the roundabout thing;)
the Police can't do anything if they spot it (providing they're not otherwise illegal), but they'll know what you've been up to!

some tyres put up with it better than others

172 cup
It's alright they're Toyo T1Rs. They only last about 10000 miles anyway. :approve:

10,000???? thats a lot on t1-r terms. Last set were gone after 2,000 ha but that was with raf marham ripping them to pieces. Otherwise they would of prob made 5,000

Cupped 200
Or they are too wide and scratch the wheelhouse. But then it should be on both sides unless your car is bit assymetric ;)