ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why? BTCC question

Octavia VRS
what's it now, only 3/4 different manufacturers? Did Neal now win it in a DC5 that you can't even buy over here in a Honda UK showroom?!

Octavia VRS
John Cleland was immense in those days, remember drivers getting out after crashes and fighting lol...ahh the memories.

Leon Cupra R 225
John Cleland was immense in those days, remember drivers getting out after crashes and fighting lol...ahh the memories.

it meant more to the drivers back then, was awesome to watch. ah well I'm just gona start crying if I keep thinking about those days, so I'm off to bed.

Ciao!

Lionel Richie

i know a funny story about Cleland! One of my tutors from motorsport college told me this

testing at donnington park, all day long, Cleland kept coming back in saying the car was s**t etc etc etc, this went on all day

so the car came back in, they put the car back to the original settings the car started the day with, car goes back out

"its even worse now" says Cleland

so 2 technicians get underneath the car with hammers, and bang away on the underside (completley pointlessly, they were just hitting the floor with hammers)

car goes out

"its absolutley perfect, don't change a thing"

LOL

M2 Competition
TOURER2.gif

Wheres jon r when you need him?

williams and trophy
best days of touring cars were def the days of the minis , lotus cortinas, anglias etc etc surely...........

proper buy today, race tomorrow set up

182cup & 172 racecar
best days of touring cars were def the days of the minis , lotus cortinas, anglias etc etc surely...........

That s just what I was about to say,but I am getting on abit now:dapprove:

Clio 172 mk2
I always remember Steve Soper from the old days of BTCC..proper nutter in the BMW and would make wild overtaking moves.

Rydell in the Volvo T5 estate was cool as well...those wagons went well:D

Leon Cupra R 225

i know a funny story about Cleland! One of my tutors from motorsport college told me this

testing at donnington park, all day long, Cleland kept coming back in saying the car was s**t etc etc etc, this went on all day

so the car came back in, they put the car back to the original settings the car started the day with, car goes back out

"its even worse now" says Cleland

so 2 technicians get underneath the car with hammers, and bang away on the underside (completley pointlessly, they were just hitting the floor with hammers)

car goes out

"its absolutley perfect, don't change a thing"

LOL

haha, quality

Leon Cupra R 225
I always remember Steve Soper from the old days of BTCC..proper nutter in the BMW and would make wild overtaking moves.

Rydell in the Volvo T5 estate was cool as well...those wagons went well:D

those wagons did go well!

first privateer to ever win a race that and the works team is why i love the p11 primera so much

neal%20primera.jpg

Last edited:
  williams and trophy

That s just what I was about to say,but I am getting on abit now:dapprove:

hey it comes to us all mate.im no spring chicken.the vita minis will always be close to me...tuned about 10 mins up the road, and my dad used to deliver a lot of the foam..

team run by a man of the cloth....class.

and i am quite partial to the old fords.....was brought up in and under them lol.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
if the clio cup engine was developed it would be up there with them,the laguna only used a willy engine but they where all steel bottem end etc and cost 28k they'd get that out of the f4r if the money was spent

Leon Cupra R 225
if the clio cup engine was developed it would be up there with them,the laguna only used a willy engine but they where all steel bottem end etc and cost 28k they'd get that out of the f4r if the money was spent

good idea. but it won't happen, why? because it's a Clio

clio sport 172 ph2
andy rouse in the rs500's then the poor little bmw's got them band coz they were too fast!!! aww bless:cool:

tim harvey in the listerine bmw! they did look good!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
aroc-wp-14.jpg

Now thats what i'm taking about.:evil: Gabriele Tarquini was a legend!!! Its well w**k these days with what, two works teams? :dapprove: Mid 90's were awesome.

Last edited: