ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why buy a renault

Engles Mummy

Why buy a Renault?

I have been on this form for a while now and I have seen many users b**ch and complain about there Renault. Sorry when I say many, I mean all, including

Myself.

When it comes down to buying a new car, again many users say “don’t waste your money on a Renault” or “buy a better car for the same amount of money”.

And again users complain about the cars performance and how there are other cheaper cars which could leave there Renault behind.

I look at the 172/cup/182 and think why buy one of these cars, when you can buy a better cheaper car. Same with the v6, it does not perform to its price; I can list many cars cheaper then the v6, which are simply a lot better.

So really, why do we buy a Renault? I can tell you why I buy a Renault, simply because it’s f**king gorgeous. The 172/cup/182 are simply sex on wheels and the v6, f**k me side ways, absolutely stunning.

Why do you buy a Renault?

Cheers, Adam

but then i come back to the same thing, and that is there is nothing that has 3 years warranty (i,e new), that is as quick or as fun as my 182:)

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 30 January 2005
I dont moan about mine :D

The honeymoon period wont last forever Tom...

Because Thierry Henry convinced me it wasnt a rattly, cheaply put together, performance hot hatch. I was a sucker. Renault Sports are great, bang per buck, but id not have a one again.

[Edited by Max172cup on 1/30/2005 9:24:28 PM]

Plus i wouldnt call a Clio, be it a 1.2/182/v6 f**king gorgeous, id reserve that sort of remark for Aston Martins and other cars cost slightly more, and a hell of a lot better looking. Just my opinion.

Mercedes SLK350

On Thursday I ordered a new Inferno 182 (05 plate) with cup packs, this will replace my Arctic 182 (04 plate) with cup packs.

Yesterday my brother ordered a new Megane sport hatch dynamique 2.0 vvt, with met paint, 17" wheels, cruise/speed limiter and hands free key card.

We are now both now asking ourselves WHY?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I cant find anything to b**ch and complain about with my 182.

Its not a waste of money and there is no better car for the money.

There are no cheaper cars to leave mine behind,the same goes for many more expensive ones.

I dont need to ask myself why i went for one,its easy to see why.:D

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I like my 172, but I wouldnt have another. After a while the electrical niggles and crap build quality throughout start to grate. Having said that, when I was looking around for cars in this price range and this sort of age it was the best in terms of performance and fun. Its just hopelessly let down by the inherent renault quality (or lack of).

Every manufacturer gets bitched about by its owners, more so it seems in the past 5 years or so because people b**ch online. Based on friends and work colleagues Renault is miles ahead of some of the stories Ive heard. My boss bought a new Citroen Zsara Picasso and within 4 months it had gone back after 3 seperate recalls. Heard plenty of horror stories with Peugeot yet some people swear by them, likewise with me and my Clio, heard plenty of reasons why I shouldnt own one but if Im happy thats all that matters.

There are cheaper/better alternatives but for someone like me who knows very little about cars, the 182 Cup is perfect, great performance and easy to maintain. My friend is buying a Lancia Delta Intergrale with that sort of money, grea for him as he is a mechanic and knows more than I thought was possible about such things, but its not even something I would consider.

Ive got around £13k to spend and after owning 2 Clios it looks like Im getting another. Did look at my options, 2nd hand Leon Cupra, an Ibiza FR, 206GTI, even a slightly older Impreza, but Im back to the 182. Couldnt spend that money on anything else and still have the same handling, performance and just as importantly, 3 year warranty and all the other trimmings Renault throw in. Renaults are also very well specced for the money, my other half has an MG ZR and I was shocked at how things I take for granted on my Clio are optional extras on the ZR.

Quote: Originally posted by big lee on 30 January 2005
On Thursday I ordered a new Inferno 182 (05 plate) with cup packs, this will replace my Arctic 182 (04 plate) with cup packs.Yesterday my brother ordered a new Megane sport hatch dynamique 2.0 vvt, with met paint, 17" wheels, cruise/speed limiter and hands free key card.We are now both now asking ourselves WHY?

Jeez, how much are you loosing just to change the colour of your car?? :eek: Hope you got a very good deal, to me, it seems crazy to trade in a car you only got a year ago for exactly the same car, except for the colour!

i love mine, got it cos its was worth the money and got loads of discount and also cheap services only 30quid and only one it the hole time i have it

Lots of Alfas

We have 3 Renaults in our household (2 Clios and a Master van which my dad uses for his business) and cant complain about any of them but thats from owing Fords. Why do we buy renaults? For most nowadays its affordable safety, 5 star ncap etc. For me its the looks and character. Also being a big Renault F1 fan helps. My next car will be a Renault hopefully a 172 mk1 or a cup. My dads next van will be the new Master and my mums next car will probably be a renault aswell.

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 30 January 2005

Same with the v6, it does not perform to its price; I can list many cars cheaper then the v6, which are simply a lot better.
The V6 is something so different there nothing on this planet I can think of like it. 350Z might be quicker or better value but it just isnt a V6 Clio.

What did i but well simple I needed a new small economical car and only Corsa or Clio fitted the bill and Vuaxhall wdidnt want to sell me one. The saleman was a loner who wanted to tell me (well my dad) the story of life and how he failed at everything the Renault guy wasnt a failure was had done the same sort of job as me and sold the car to me. I was paying so that sort of logical unless you work for Vauxhall.

I went and test drived a golf gti and for leather seats its an extra £1700 over the already crazy £19k, and they wont do any discounts. That sort of incident always reminds me why I bought a renault :)

Quote: Originally posted by big lee on 30 January 2005
I got the car 7 months ago, mats are dirty so Im getting a new one.

PMSL! some footbaler wanted a new car because he got a puncture!

because they have a history of producing good value fun cars.

value being the important word im why pay a premium for a badge eg new golf gti?

VaVa

Because theyre cheap. End of.

Everybody likes a bargain. As far as the Renaultsport models are concerned, you cant get a better equipped or faster car for the money.

LY 200

I quite like mine, i moan when summin goes wrong but thats not too often!!!

Although i am thinkin of buying a Ford if i decide to sell my car!!!:oops:

I bought my clio because it is the fastest, best handling, BRAND NEW car you can get for that kind of money, that also is comfortable and convenient to live with day by day. If it breaks, it has a warranty!!

350Z Roadster+Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by RobHardyUK on 30 January 2005

i brought my clio, cos you cant go faster for less. (as clarkson said)
Ill second that!

If there is a car out there that can beat it for these reasons, then id go for it.

Clio 200 Cup packed

NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM WITH MY RENAULT

HAPPY AS LARRY!

I usually get bored/annoyed with cars after 6 months and end up changing between 9 and 12 months.

ive had my 182 6 months now and i love it more than ever!

in fact if i dint already have one and they werent so cheap, i think i would sill go and buy a new one tomorrow for list price!!!

i got my clio because it was a brand new car for £7000 and its the fastest 1.2 16V out of them all (that was the main factor).

Ill be buying my next clio (182/182 cup/172 cup) because its speedy, cheap, looks great and also so that i can piss off a modder friend of mine who has a 1.2 8V grande and has slapped one some airfix mods (ill tell him that i modded my clio to look like a Cliosport then challenge him to a little race, on a private stretch of airstrip)

As others have said it was the best bangs per buck and its FUN to drive!

Mine hasnt has one problem to date either - coming up to first service in a few weeks too.

Only thing that annoys me is that everyone goes on about how cheaply they bought theirs/got F&F/etc etc (sour grapes!) so no wonder residuals are crappy!

I love my car - nothing gone wrong with it so far (although Autoglass did try and ruin that for me!).

I cant fault the sales/aftersales commitment as well - I know nearly a year on its not very often that I hear from Renault, but I certainly appreciated the constant contact they gave me last march. As it is the first brand new car Ive bought, i needed a bit of reassurance and they certainly gave it!

As for the car, it has more gadgets than you can imagine for a car that cost under 8k, and is very nippy, not to mention the cheap insurance!

Obviously I cant comment on the sport models!!

I used to drive hot hatches 10 years ago, had a new Williams 3 in 95. I sold my Boxster S in August and I wanted something reasonably quick, new, cheap, practical that would still deliver a bit of entertainment.

May well sell my 182 in a few months for something a little more exotic but its by no means a bad car. Dont believe you get what you pay for either. My Boxster went back 3 times for warranty work inside 3 months. Aside from the warning lights coming on for no apparent reason every now and again the Clio has behaved well.

Incidentally what can you buy (new) thats more fun to drive for the same money? A friend of mine spent nigh on £18.5k on his Cooper S and the Clio is quicker....

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Ive had 2 clios and i buy them because everytime i drive it i alwas get out of it with a massive smile, because they are so much fun to drive, and it just suits the way i like to drive. Love having to keep the revs up to get the best out of it. Never been back to the dealer for any problems, or had a single issue with either.

Willy, Willy 2, V6

my williams is my second clio, just love the clio (mk1) to be honest, think its a great car. Sure it has its problems now and then, but so does everything else. Nothing is perfect!