ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why didn't they make the 1*2 look like the v6....

Black Ph2 172
...saw one parked next to my car yesterday in same colour as mine and they look SO much better, made me want one badly!

It's A Reno
All the add ons on a V must weigh a ton.
It would turn a 1*2 into a slug. :dapprove:

Monaco 172 (02)
I do think the 1*2 could look a bit more aggresive though.
I think as standard they should have a front split and larger spoiler like the cup, and sit a bit lower. Look a bit high as standard IMO

Monaco 172 (02)
182 Cup/Cup Packed ?

Yea sorry I meant a 172 phase 1*2.
I think mine looks quite bland to be honest, they did sort it out with the 182, looks a lot more agressive. I still think all the Sport range 172/182 cups etc. sit a bit high.

MCS R56
...nobody would have bought them!!

Each company surely need a top of the range model, so if all the whole range looked the same, people wouldn't be so tempted by the top spec car.

I wouldn't have touched a 172 if it had looked like the V6.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^I hope thats a joke Moderator! ;)

The vee is exclusive! If you want one... you have to buy one! :p

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
thats what i love about the RS clios, average joe thinks they are 1.2s

I think that the general lay out of the car has a major impact on how they designed it, imagine having all that body kit on a front engined car with your mates sat in the back, not a good look really.

I saw a silver mk1 on tuesday - it still did it for me.

Clio v6
Wanting an instantly recognisable top of the range model was probably one reason. The 1.2 and the 1*2 range look too similar to the untrained eye.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Indeed. If the vee was the stupidest lookin car in the world, why were crowds standing infront of it at the ring! People taking pics! Given that the carpark was full of CSL's/Porka's/Exotica's! Loved it! :approve:

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I do think the 1*2 could look a bit more aggresive though.
I think as standard they should have a front split and larger spoiler like the cup, and sit a bit lower. Look a bit high as standard IMO

It does look aggressive sit one next to a non sport Squared lower grille wider wings they are only small touches but they do make it stand out from the norm.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Quite a percentage of 182 and 172 were bought by the older generation cos of the creature comforts but something tells me renault would loose their custom if it stuck out as much the v6 lol

B

Ben^

I thought the same until I parked my ph2 172 next to a ph2 1.2, looked so much better than the 1.2 (and cleaner :)) but yea the v6 only gets away with its looks becuase of the punch it packs.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whilst i love the Vee engine! The note, the profile of it...It's very flawed! Needed to be 100Bhp more! Given that it's made of pig iron it deserved a more powerful motor!

Why would you want them to look the same? Maybe make the 1.2's all look like a V6 too?

The 1*2's are subtle, thats a good thing.

If you want to stand out, then you can buy the Vee.

tiTTy & SV650
1astrix2?

asterix.jpg

Clio V6
The 1*2's were rather subtle compared to cars like the Saxo VTS and Peugeot 106 GTI. As stated above though, the slightly more refined image probably appealed to a wider audience than the tacky plastic bodykits of those cars.

tiTTy & SV650
The 1*2's were rather subtle compared to cars like the Saxo VTS and Peugeot 106 GTI. As stated above though, the slightly more refined image probably appealed to a wider audience than the tacky plastic bodykits of those cars.

The plastic bodykits (wheel arches) are a hand-me-down from the likes of the golf gti and 205 gti - heritage!

The phase 1 172 front end is hardly subtle, it's agressive as fook. phase 2 172 is the most subtle of all the RS Clio's I guess with it's dynamique wheels, 182's have the wheelbarrow handles on the back making them a little less subtle.