ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why does clio's overheat and lose power and have bad emissions in petrol

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
bad emissions in engine fuel? how do you mean? proberly get a loss of power due to over heating. does the fan cut in? got coolant in there? does it loose coolant? any mayo in the engine oil filler cap?

BMW M135i
HGF letting water into the cylinder would cause both symptoms. Isn't a common thing although it does happen.

Toyota MR2 Turbo
Hi guys, this is my cousin's Clio & he's just been over to see me in it to see if I could find anything noticeable.

Car seems to drive well. Engine management nor the over-heating light(? the one with the squiggly lines in the middle of the HUD) came on. Coolant resevoir tank was only a few notches off maximum and oil seemed a healthy colour. One thing is though - the fan didn't come on but this could be because we didn't drive it hard enough for long enough - I took my 1.2s Polo out for a similar length and the fan didn't come on (nice orangy glow from the manifold tho oooooh).

I've no idea what the prob could be. Going to get him to take it to a friend of mine. I assume engine management light comes on when it sticks the car into "safety mode" hence loss of power and it just tells you it's recorded a fault on the car. However when my cousin has taken his car to Renault, surely when they log the data from the ECU it should tell the technician what faults it has recorded?

Sounds very strange. It's dark out so couldn't have a serious poke about.

Any suggestions welcome.

Although 2 more things to note... the clutch pedal feels quite heavy/very springy compared to my 2003 Polo 1.2s... however the Clio does feel more powerful through the rev range than my Polo.

TIA

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I expect its the throttle body or the injection loom chaffing on the anti tamper braket do a search and you will find lots on it. as for the clutch i expect the volkswagon may be hydrolic where us the clio cable.