ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why has silver aerosol paint dried matt grey ?

Ph1
What causes silver rattle can paint to dry matt grey ? Had this problem in the past also.

Last edited:
  Ph1
Shook the can for over 2 minutes. The paint is roughly 6 months old i would guess.

It went on silver but has dried matt grey :S

Wonder if its worth heating the can up a bit in warm water?

Ph1
Yeah, as i got it mixed up especially. Like i say it went on silver but just turned grey. Had this same issue a few years back with silver paint but also more recently did some alloy wheels which turned out superb. Has to be down to technique

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Its not humidity affecting it is it? Or are you putting it on too thick?
I've had the problem with laquer drying hazy and not clear but not paint, i was never sure if i put it on too thick or if it was humidity. As i read a few articles pointing to the humidity causing haziness but i've only had the problem when doing quite thick coats (but not thick enough to run).

I've never had a problem with old paint from a rattle can, the warm water thing may help, i've never done it myself but have read if its quite cold it helps with adhesion