ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why I Hate Sundays...172 Cup

172 cup
Had a brilliant day today getting the Clio dirty after testing some new products on it over the weekend as a treat :)

6784975295_553407b3d1_z.jpg

6784970045_ff0dcb4314_z.jpg

6784952199_26dfc174aa_z.jpg

6784948609_ac97be57ae_z.jpg

6784938851_1f97f9e51a_z.jpg

6784933923_284ee4f63e_z.jpg

172 cup
Do you purposely have two different wheels on?

Looks good :)

haha yeah i do have both full sets but quite like the odd socks look. Previously it was because of which tires had tread etc but i cant use that excuse any more as ive just put a full new set of tires on :)

thanks though.

172 cup
Where is that first location? Looks good!

And is that second one on fox cover lane? I tried that before and thought I was gonna get shanked.

Just by the Triumph garage just outside of newcastle, not sure on the name of the street tbh but they were shot early in the morning on my way home from a night out so there was very few people around.

I had didnt bother with the tripod as it isnt the nicest areas and i took the pics quite swiftly.

BG 182
Don't fancy selling the pro race 3s do you? ;)

Smart pics matey!

I like the last two pictures a lot.

172 cup
Don't fancy selling the pro race 3s do you? ;)

Smart pics matey!

I like the last two pictures a lot.

I will sell them happily with the car :)

And thanks, aint ever really tried any low light photography before so i had fun playing!

BG 182
I'd be interested to see the difference behind the wheel of a trophy. They're well priced now though. Where are you based matey? Let me know if you fancy selling them separately.

172 cup
Near Newcastle, and I will keep you posted but it's unlikely :).

A passenger ride in a Trophy was sufficient enough for me to warrant all the fuss.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice car... apart from the roof, toe eye and the bonnet. Oh and it needs the PR 3's all round. Those rears are heavily ugly.

Nearly there though.

Petrol Blue 182
Nice car... apart from the roof, toe eye and the bonnet. Oh and it needs the PR 3's all round. Those rears are heavily ugly.

Nearly there though.

Dont tell him that gally ... He got confused, its the Pro Race 3's that are ugly matey :)

172 cup

Nearly there though.

Haha what a critique! Looking at it I think I'll lose the toe eye actually, roof and bonnet are perfect in my eyes but most people think its just a crashed Renault where the owner couldn't be arsed to fix it properly- I can live with that :). All 4 Pro Race 3s might go on at some point, the other two are still in the bubble wrap so I may well need these ones refurbed first.

You'll be even less pleased when you see what I'm doing to an FRP.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just by the Triumph garage just outside of newcastle, not sure on the name of the street tbh but they were shot early in the morning on my way home from a night out so there was very few people around.

I had didnt bother with the tripod as it isnt the nicest areas and i took the pics quite swiftly.

aah i know where youre on about, i was there the other day, small world ha.

Titanium 182
Was not aimed at Chris danny boy, Chris always looks after his cars, its the numptys he lets loose on them, that let him down.

172 cup
Was not aimed at Chris danny boy, Chris always looks after his cars, its the numptys he lets loose on them, that let him down.

I know buddy, your sense of humour has grown on me slightly over the years haha.

Give it a couple years and ill get one :)

172 cup
I've organised a meet for Feb 12th down south shields leeroy, would be great if you come along! Bring the tribe with you it's been a while since they've been out- does anth still have his evo? With lee having one and Paul as well it will almost be a MLR meet :).

Took the toe eye out yesterday, that's up for sale of anyone's interested.

Lowered the front a little aswell so it's not as raked on the back, I'll get more pics up when it's stopped raining!

172 cup
Yeah can do, where in Shields is it?

Yep Anth has a 9 now

I'll be posting details up on saxp mate, can't get into the NE section here until I update my membership.

Lashed out some why-ayePhone shops while it's too wet to play with the car :)

22b021cd.jpg

9bf968f7.jpg

fb6f7325.jpg

fda48cc9.jpg

172 cup
Heres all the details, pretty similar to last years Jan Meet on here, it would be great to see some of you there. Are you going to put it in the NE Section for me?:

Afternoon all,
February 12th brings along the next little get together for the North East lot, and by the looks from the other thread there should be a good turnout.
The rough plan is:
-Meet at Mangos for 1pm (spot 1)
-Few car park pictures and natter
-Head along to The Sundial for 3pm (spot 2)
-The Sundial Pub is a "Hungry Horse" so they have the usual 2for PubMeals
-Pool tables are pretty good to
-Drive through to Newcastle quayside after the pub 4/430 ish
-Pictures at the Sage/Millenium bridge car park as the light goes
That sound good to the general population?
Heres the directions for those travelling, anyone else need any help drop me a message and ill make sure your good :)
map1-3.jpg

map2-3.jpg

Ill be bringing along some vouchers for money off car treatments for my new little venture, Wax Power Valeting- also anyone coming along it would be great if you joined my facebook group.
See you there :)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I thought the pic's looked strangly familiar, it's home LOL Hopefully have the PH1 on the road by then so might tag along again ! Turn out last time was mega

I thought the pic's looked strangly familiar, it's home LOL Hopefully have the PH1 on the road by then so might tag along again ! Turn out last time was mega
you get the mani on yet m8?
think il probs hava look to this as il be in the north east thyen unless the missus has planned something else for us

You b**ch, but yeah it was a short time ha. His car was immense I absolutely loved it, such a good ride and the interior touches and Trophy specific bits made it very special in comparison to any other clio I've been in.

Here's his beauty which made me fall in love:
DSC_0792_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0793_edited-1.jpg

was a lovely example was chris's

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
you get the mani on yet m8?
think il probs hava look to this as il be in the north east thyen unless the missus has planned something else for us

Na not yet mate, messing with an alternator that likes to go supernova at the moment :( Hopefully once that is sorted though :D

172 cup
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was one of if not the best turn out for the NE region for the whole year? It would be sweet if there was half as many as last year Clios wise.

When you arrive look for where I'm parked up in the Clio, will try to keep em together for photos! I've had a few practice runs at the quayside for photos but I'm hoping a couple of the lads from ZSOC who are very handy with the camera will be coming along to.