ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why not to buy a powerflow exhaust

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i have seen this many of times and had alot of debates about failflow exhausts. i have seen them sh1t the baffles out into a heap, fall off cars, rust to bits in a few months. im not getting into the debate, instead i am going to post some pictures of a power flow exhaust that came on my 182 when i bought it in April and you can judge for your self;

0611509a.jpg

0aa61d27.jpg

f9d02f26.jpg

885dbb62.jpg

b4f9d116.jpg

82cca0c1.jpg

as you can see, the system is poorly constructed and has started rusting. i have found the original receipt and this system was a matter of months old. the problem with power flow is the bottlenecks they have from bending the tube and that all the welds are MIG instead of TIG. so although the tube is 304 stainless, the welds are just ferrous metal which will oxidise and corrode. ans before anyone says it, all power flow's use MIG so all power flows corrode at the welds.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The powerflow on my Punto has lated about 5 years and it gets scrapped on everything tbh.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
just for comparison;

1. powerflow Y joint;

9fc0fee1.jpg

2. RS192 exhaust which is what replaced the power flow;

b9a21b0a.jpg

same joint, for the same car. just look at the difference in welding / tube bending / nominal bore