ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why should I fit spacers?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Question as above :)

Are spacers really worth it?Currently have a black 172, lowered on Eibach sportlines, with 182 cup pack alloy wheels.

What benefit would spacers give me? If it's just for looks im not sure I can justify £100 odd for them!

As I understand it they simply bring the wheel out a bit further. I'm not using it for track days etc so Im not sure there would be any real benefit handling wise that would be noticeable on the road.

If I was to go for spacers, can you recommend what size and type? Web link would be great.

Standard ones a no-no I hear, and hubcentric are the way to go. Are hu bcentrics a doddle to fit at home?

Also, do you use the same size on front and back?

Thanks all!

You won't notice a difference in handling if you fit them. I fitted 25mm ones on each side (fronts only) and could feel a very slight increase in the width.

Type 'Delta Mics' into Google and click the first link for a decent set, you'll want type 10 - these are pretty cheap too. Piece of piss to fit.

TT 225
i need spacers but am unsure of what size to get? I'm fitting 172 alloys to a non-sport so i understand that i will need spacers to prevent rubbing on the body work/struts. what would you recommend? 10, 15, 25 and out of them. should they be non hubcentric or hubcentric and lastly, where to buy them from?

Evo 8 MR
Hubcentric all the way and 25mm, it feels slightly different and looks a hell lot better so I'd say get them.

Get H&R's though, £95 per axle lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You'll also need longer wheel bolts, hubcentric isn't essential depending on how big you want. If you were thinking of more than 5mm I would want hubcentric tbh.

I'd be a bit reserved to put 25mm spacers on, 15mm is pushing things imo. Just get different wheels with the offset you want.

Standard offset is around ET40. To go 50mm wider you'd want ET15 wheels.

TT 225
Delta Mic's are win. Get some 15mm ones Adam!

Will do, going to order them when i get paid. I didnt read the description correctly, im abit more happy that they have a hub collar as i didnt like universal onse when i borrowed some.

1992 Mini City
Hey, question, i've got 17" 205 tyres/wheels on, would putting 10mm spacers on be wise? And also how do i tell if they're hubcentric? I'm assuming they're not...

BG 182 FF
Hey, question, i've got 17" 205 tyres/wheels on, would putting 10mm spacers on be wise? And also how do i tell if they're hubcentric? I'm assuming they're not...

hubcentric spacers bolt on to the hub and the you bolt you wheel on to the spacer, rather than standard spacers which are just a piece of metal you put in between the hub and the wheel.

1992 Mini City
Ahh, i get it now, yeah, i have non-hubcentric ones, you think it would be safe putting them on there?

Mk2 Clio 1.6
there are 2 types of hubcentric spacers. ones that bolt to the hub as mentioned above, and others which use longer bolts, and still have the hubcentric collar.

then youve got the universals.

loads of threads on it if you search.

^
This is sense.

As I have hunbcentric spacers that use longer bolts. (FK 13mm a side) ;)

The following info is False..

hubcentric spacers bolt on to the hub and the you bolt you wheel on to the spacer, rather than standard spacers which are just a piece of metal you put in between the hub and the wheel.

Still don't understand why people think these are hubcentric.
You are aon about type A and B spacers.

Type B is as you described, type A uses longer bolts.

Both can come as hubcentric, which means there is a hubcentric lip on the spacer to take the load of the bolts, meaning less chance of them shearing.