ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why so many silver?!?! Clio sales figures for the UK

320d
Silver was a very popular colour back then. I've had two silver Clio's. The only colour I refused to have for the 182 was silver, wasn't having a third silver car.

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
My titanium looks stunning in the sunlight, although I can see why some people think of it as a 'marmite' colour. Personally I love it.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
i always wanted a silver car till i had my previous bmw 330ci.
saying that,this flame red wants some keeping clean lol!!
any figures for the ph2 172 colours buddy?

F56 MINI Cooper S
Titanium is awesome color, there is no doubt about black is more common than silver on a 182 for sure, and you can mark my words is it more rare on the 197/200 too

My titanium looks stunning in the sunlight, although I can see why some people think of it as a 'marmite' colour.

Not sure if marmite is the right word for it. Surely no one HATES Titanium. Some might think it a bit boring certainly but hate it? It's so inoffensive!

Petrol blue has gotta be the marmite colour in the RenaultSport Clio range. Most folks seem to either love it or hate it (I think it's awful personally).

Clio V6
A similar thing happened with the Vees, loads of silver Phase 1's and less than 10 Illiads but then loads of Phase 2 Illiads and hardly any silver.

White clique
Another reason is think about people who buy brand new cars (and get to chose the colour), a majority of these were being driven around by MILFs and blokes late 20's early 30s etc who often like to opt for more conservative colours. The 172 was a major shopping trolly when they first came out - you still see women rattling around in them at Waitrose every now and then.

Iceberg 172
I went for Silver again after owning a Black Gold 182 that would stay clean for about 2 seconds!!!! Never again!!!:banghead:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I always think i'll own a Black car again. Then I get one in at work and thr dust spots show up 30 seconds after it's washed.

Never ever ever again. Black cars are for insane people!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Or people who actually don't care. I seen saw a Black 10 plate mazda 3 mps in shocking condition recently.

Some people don't care that much.

Disastra Coupe
Black's a f**king nightmare. Never, ever would i own a black car.

That said silver's just boring. It looks alright - but that's the problem. It looks alright, not wow!

(Yes, black does look wow when clean - only for 30 seconds though)

R.I.P 182
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage/182/

On that, it says in "sales data and colour range"

RB - 301 with cup spoiler, so does that mean there is only 301 RB182s with cup spoilers in the country?

It doesn't state both cup packs etc, i'd be interested to see how many FF182 in RB there are!

RE: the silver - Im not a fan of silver cars, but i do like the renault ones, sparkly!