ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why so slow in gear?

MINI JCW
Liquidcool said:
what is the difference in a Clio V6 bhp per ton? against a 182 per ton?

V6 255BHP 1400KG weight, Power to weight = 182bhp/per tonne
182 182BHP 1090KG weight, Power to weight = 167bhp/per tonne

So the difference is 15bhp per tonne, the V6 has a massive torque advantage though

W

WrongJohn

What you need is a Supercharger.
No lag, like to rev, plenty of torque.

£3500 may get one fitted if you can get in on a good group buy - maybe up to £6000 if you go with one of the typical clown tuning companies though.

Regards
John

ian 182 said:
I noticed a massive difference going from a 182 to a vr6.
Its so much more easy to leave it in 4th and let the v6 do the work

ian

its not a proper v6 though ;)

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I don't find it to bad really, I've only done a few mods - ITG panel filter, full SS zorst and a remap and it feels much better since the remap.
Getting Inlets done soon too.

i aint really concerned with in gear acceleration tbh, if i wanna drive fast i drive fast!!!

and that to me means drop it to 2nd and nail it, i aint bothered if im in 3rd doing 25 and want go fast i still find the fun comes from dropping a cog and nailing it up to 7.5k then changing gear.

sure oil burners are have a lot of torque but they dont have much of a rev range hence in many cases much slower.

Except for the luxury saloon's that BMW, Audi etc have, the newer ranges are becoming very fast indeed.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Mmm it is a big bit of the fun with this car, drop and go :D
Since I've had the remap though 4th gear 30 ish MPH is so much better though.

133/225/CLS AMG
Its definitely something I've noticed, if you're caught in the wrong gear the Clio 172/182s are not as quick yet if you keep it on he boil its raring to go!

I noticed it more after I got my 225 though, nice to have that extra torque from 2000rpm.

AlexJMills said:
Its definitely something I've noticed

LOL have you vere thought of being a detective ;)

It goes without saying. The same applies to all cars with lowish torque. It's nothing new :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i took the morego out, had a good thrape on the dual carriageways and back rds, def didn't feel worth the money. Sure if you give £1600 to yozzasport you'd be getting better vfm