ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why wont renault give me my warranty

Ive rung Renault a couple of times now and they wont extend my warranty to 3 years.. They keep telling me I only had 12 months warranty on it. Even though thats not what the letter thats been on this site says. It clearly says that imports purchased after the 17oct 2000 from within the EU are eligible for 3 years warranty.

Mine was purchased mid 2002 and was from an EU country so why wont they honour this??

I just had to fork out £233 for a TDC sensor and I was trying to get it back. The cars only done 14k

Nope its not from Cyprus either, it says Renault Nederland on the conformity stamp
[Edited by Locky on 02 August 2004 at 6:06pm]

Well its actually renault UK telling me this... should I just try taking it to the dealer with the copy of the letter off of here and all the other bits and pieces? I imagine they will tell me the same thing.

Worth a try, either that or try taking it up with Renault UK. The dealers probably getting funning cos they have to pay for it in years 2 & 3 of the warrenty.

My sister had this issue with her imported PUG cc, they told her it was an import and that they would not cover her issues under warranty...

They didnt realise however that she is the regional finance director for the THE AA and sits on the EU car thigny ma bob board...

So she kick their arses over this.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

dont you have to apply for it just after purchasing the car so maybe that is there problem.

Mini Cooper S sport

Thats weird - mines an 03 import, and I have a letter from Renault UK telling me it has three years warranty..

Mine was imported 29/5/02 ... although I didnt try to apply for the letter in the 1st year... as Jay said... could this be the problem?

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Locky on 02 August 2004

Mine was imported 29/5/02 ... although I didnt try to apply for the letter in the 1st year... as Jay said... could this be the problem?
I dont see how that would make any difference :confused: but maybe it does..

The car was 15 months old when I bought it, and I dont know if the previous owner (before the car dealership) applied for Renault warranty.

If it helps, the woman I spoke to at RUK was called Patricia Howell. She looked up the reg and VIN online, and confirmed the warranty, and I had it all in writing within a week.

Thats where I hit the problem Metallic... everytime I call Renault UK I get to the part where they ask for the Chassis number... as soon as I give it to them they tell me I only had 12months warranty and thats it... I cant apply for the 3 years... Maybe I should ask to speak with a manager in the call center...

Mini Cooper S sport

Yeah, I was told by Renault that if it was a European import its 3 years warranty, and one year from outside the EU.

Can you ask Renault to check its definitely EU? They told me mine was from France. I cant think of any other reason why youd only get a year.

Well the EU conformity paper I have says its from the Netherlands so it should all be ok there... I think Ill pop into my local Renault tomorrow and see what they think... arrgh what a pain in the kahoonas

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Locky on 02 August 2004

Well the EU conformity paper I have says its from the Netherlands so it should all be ok there... I think Ill pop into my local Renault tomorrow and see what they think... arrgh what a pain in the kahoonas
Yeah, sounds like the best idea - let us know how you get on & hope you get it sorted.

Ok well 4 emails later and Ren UK wont give me my 3rd year of warranty because I didnt extend it while it was in its 12 months of manufacturers warranty.... oh well... wish Id nown about it earlier though

Mini Cooper S sport

Well I had no idea you had to do that; someone must have done it for me then. So does this mean you have two years, or just one?

At least you know now anyway...