ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wider track?

Clio 172 Ph1
What is your opinion and maybe experience on putting 20mm wheel spacers on front and 10mm on rear?
Do you think it is good putting bigger spacers on front or is this maybe too big difference (front 20+20=40mm. rear 10+10=20mm;difference 20mm from standard).
I ask just in terms of handling what do you think about that setup?

Car is 172 ph1, wheels 15" ET 42.

Last edited:
What's wrong with it as it is ?
Loads on here have mk1 172's & are fine with the cars as they are. I don't know of anyone on here running spacers on their mk1 172.

Most people who have spacers do like thm Idealy I'd personaly stick with stock offset and spend a lot of money on suspension mods.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I had 5mm spacers fitted for 2 days. They caused the wheels to spin offset as they didn't mate with the hub/wheel correctly and they also managed to shaft a stud thread on each front hub.

Steer well clear unless they're proper jobs.

RS Clio 200
best to do it with suspension changes, and different offset wheels rather than spacers. im running et37 on a ph2 172

SLK 350
Anything over 10mm each side and you'll be putting greater pressures through your hubs, personally I'd not bother.

I had mahoosive ones on the back but I took them off 2 days later.
Im going for 5-10mm front and 10-15mm back now.
love the look, like the old bower skates. and it felt better hooning round corners.

You will notice an improvement, although at high speeds they can cause the wheels to resonate, oh and you'll chew through wheel bearings

Clio 172 Ph1
I will try with a 16mm on the front and 10mm in back. Spacers are hub centric, and 16mm ones are with double centering.