ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd problem?

Here is what happens.

I turn the key, the last turn that starts the car is really stiff... it wasn't moving at all at first but i forced it and now it starts, however if you put it all the way it doesn't come back, just stays all the way to the end of the turn.

When the car is running there sounds to be a really loud noise from the engine area sounds like a really really really loud blender...and when i turn the ignition off there is a whirrrrr noise that dies down after a second or two.

And also when the ignition is on, the fans don't work, but they come on when the ignition is off. Any ideas?

Sounds like the barel locks worn or broken.
Merc had the same problem at Brands regards the fan it won't come on when the ignitions on as its aving its power for the starter. It sounds like its just hot so when you take the keys out the ECU switches the fan back on.

I've been told to change the ignition barrell....

Any idea what could have caused it, 2 hours ago it was fine when i drive home from work? I come to get into my car next time and it won't budge the key.

Focus ST
Have you tried moving the steering wheel when you turn the key??

Sometimes the steering lock stops the key turning.:rolleyes:

Yes... its not in the same way as if the steering lock is on, it tries to go but it won't move, i could move it a tiny bit so the dash lit up, but only for a brief second... but now.

when you turn it all the way normally OFF - 1 - 2 - STARt it normally goes back to 2.... it sticks at start and doesn't budge....

i'll go to a garage first thing tomorrow anyway