ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd things on my 172 (no. 1)

Sometimes when I turn the key to get all the ignition lights up, the trip computer display goes straight to the total mileage, rather than showing the oil ok display. Not every time, probably only 25% I would say. The rest of the time the oil ok comes up as it should.

Anyone elses do this? Should I worry about it?

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 29 April 2005

my cup never shows the oil display iirc, have only ever seen it 3 times in just over 2 years!
3 times in 2 years? next time you see it, buy a lottery ticket quick... its your lucky day!

Weeman sucks ****

haha, i think it displays when you push the stalk button before the mileage comes up to. i would try it but it might break lol.

What its supposed to do is show the oil ok message. If you press the stalk when this is displayed you get the little boxes supposedly telling you how much oil you have. If you leave it alone it goes to the total mileage after a 15 seconds or so.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by blatabout on 29 April 2005

What its supposed to do is show the oil ok message. If you press the stalk when this is displayed you get the little boxes supposedly telling you how much oil you have. If you leave it alone it goes to the total mileage after a 15 seconds or so.
yep mine has behaved this way since Ive had mine

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 29 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by blatabout on 29 April 2005

yep mine has behaved this way since Ive had mine
keep an eye on it, itll happen to you eventually!

Cup 172

Way to see the oil blob things, is turn on the ignition, till it says OIL OK, then press the resent button for the trip computer (on the clocks, not on the stalk)

Sometimes, mine just goes straight to the mileage and sometimes it says OIL OK.

Mental.