ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd things on my 172 (no. 2)

Sometimes it refuses to lock when I press the button on the key. What I have to do is... get back in, start the engine, stop the engine, get out & try again. This has always worked (up to now). Only does it once about a month.

Anyone else get this too?

I had this problem before after i press the button. The rear taigate and the passenger door locked, but not the driver side door. Then I manually lock the driver side door, press the button to unlock and then lock. It will work fine then.

But change the battery may help (in my case). But the design of the key battery is not very good, always need to add a little bit things inside the key to make the connection better.

Anyway, make sure you hear the locking noise (driver side) when you press the button. Facing the driver door and press may work better.

Buy still, my Clio require short distance to car in getting the key signal. I can lock my dads car from far distance.