ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wii games?

Regardless of what you buy, Wii Sports will be your number one game!

Depends what you want really, Wii Play is good for the extra controller, Zelda is Zelda, Madden is a bit special if you like American Football, and Rayman is very entertaining.

Yaris Hybrid
Probably Zelda although I am scrounging my brothers game and he is using it. Funnily enough despite having a 360 and Wii I find myself playing N64, GC and SNES games on the Wii or PC emulators.

Currently playing Ocarina of Time again.

Rav4
I bought a wii to sell it on, but decided to keep it as it was so much fun !!!!!!!!!!!

Dunno what to get next, zelda i think.

I will also need an extra controller and numb chuck.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
are any of the virtual games worth downloading, also is using the nunchuck wiimote combo used when using these games?

Yaris Hybrid
No you use a Gamecube pad or the classic pad.

Debatable as to whether it is worth paying for something you can get for free on a PC emulator.

I can say for a fact that the Virtual Console emulation of FZERO is superior to the PC emulation. It doesn't have the high res mode 7 graphics so doesn't look as good but then the PC one is enhanced over the original where as the VC version is true to it.

The difference was in the sound, on all the PC SNES emulators I have tried the jet sound from the hover cars is just plain wrong but on the Wii it is spot on. Also despite using numerous PC pads I always found the steering was over twitchy where as on the VC with the classic pad it is again spot on.

I will only buy the real classics. I have Mario 64 and FZERO. I will get the Mario games, Starfox, Yoshi's Island, Zelda and Pilotwings but none of the MegaDrive stuff and perhaps just Punchout and Mario 3 on the NES. Assuming it comes out...

Rav4
ok got zelda today and it takes ages to get to the building up part where you get knocked out by those uggly things!!!

It is good, but just started off pants.

The graphics are ok, doesnt look to hot on my pioneer plasma ??

Whats it look like on yours?

Might need to get the components.

Not too hot compared to the 360 but got to remember the wii aint about power(its non HD)

Its about the new/different control system.

Took me ages to figure out the friggin fishing the twilight bit is a bit freaky but am getting excited about it atm.

Last edited:
  Rav4
yer true !!

Thinking of selling it though, some still got for £350 +

Could always get it later, kinda sucks it does not play DVD's though.

I know its not about graphics, but the mega drive had similar quality :p

I got a 14" fish lol !

Civic Si
Not too hot compared to the 360 but got to remember the wii aint about power(its non HD)

Took me ages to figure out the friggin fishing the twilight bit is a bit freaky but am getting excited about it atm.

lets not forget that zelda - twilight princess is a gamecube game, the wii version is a direct port, it was supposed to come out ages ago. the only reason it didnt was because they wanted to use the motion stuff on the wii. so graphically theres not much in it between the gamecube version and the wii one.

Rav4
Did not know that !!! Rubbish !

lets not forget that zelda - twilight princess is a gamecube game, the wii version is a direct port, it was supposed to come out ages ago. the only reason it didnt was because they wanted to use the motion stuff on the wii. so graphically theres not much in it between the gamecube version and the wii one.

Civic Si
rubbish because you didnt know that or rubbish because you dont think its true?

i'm afraid it is, twilight was announced long ago and was due out on the cube last xmas.

Rav4
Rubbish as i did not know that and I normally quite clued up on that !!

:)

Its a good game, just a bit slow, i like the action.

I love the idea of the WII so good.

1.8 Civic EX
I STILL haven't tried Zelda, got my Wii with Wii Sports, Zelda, Red Steel, Wii Play, NFL 07, Rayman and Super Monkey Ball....how many have I played??? (had the wii for a week now.......) Wii Sports, PLay and Rayman and that's it....just too damned hooked on the sports haha! must give zelda a go but I just got Gears of War for the 360 for Chrimbo so don't think the Wii is going to get a look in over the next few days!

I got Rayman for Christmas, soooooooo much fun! Haven't laughed that much playing a game for quite some time.

Limited life-span in single player but great fun with 2 people.

Rav4
I was quite dissapointed with zelda, i like games where u pretty much get into the action straight away, this is not one of them.

Starts of slow, where you need to fish, and do some other bits and bobs, reminded me of a barbie game and my bros where taking the piss.

It is getting slightly better but :s

Nearly bought splinter cell though.

Rayman is supposed to be well good.

I STILL haven't tried Zelda, got my Wii with Wii Sports, Zelda, Red Steel, Wii Play, NFL 07, Rayman and Super Monkey Ball....how many have I played??? (had the wii for a week now.......) Wii Sports, PLay and Rayman and that's it....just too damned hooked on the sports haha! must give zelda a go but I just got Gears of War for the 360 for Chrimbo so don't think the Wii is going to get a look in over the next few days!

1.8 Civic EX
yeah Rayman is pure class...took it round the gf's last night, got us all laughing... fav one so far has to be the cow throwing...got 145m...

the bashing the bunny on the head with the hammer if funny as hell too

I notice you sent me your mii??! I sent Ali G back...

1.8 Civic EX
nunchuck from Play.com and got the extra remote with Wii PLay

most shops have the extra controllers in now these days anyway... becoming more and more available

Got my wii for xmas, Wii Sports is quality. Also went out boxing day to buy another controller and bought Wii Play as its game with it, I like the pool game on that.

Not sure what to get next, wouldnt mind a decent driving game but they all look pants. Maybe zelda or i might get Mario 64 or Donkey Kong Country = love that game

RIP Dan
Downloaded Bomberman.......as addictive as i remember.

Played Need for Speed carbon, very wierd tiltling the controller but got into it pretty quickly.

RIP Dan
Yep, only a few quid. I know i could a snes emulator etc etc but i cant be bothered to mess about. Nice to have everything on one console.

i have got Wii Sports and Wii Play (for the extra controller)

Not sure what i want next, thinking about Monkey Ball as i have played all the previous ones and loved them. I wouldnt mind a driving game but not getting NFS as i have it on the PC and have finished it. GT what ever looks pants especially with that Free steering wheel you get :(

Zelda is a possibility however not sure i want something so intense just yet. i bought Mario 64, loving that again.

I noticed a few other games appeared this week on the VC

i have got Wii Sports and Wii Play (for the extra controller)

Not sure what i want next, thinking about Monkey Ball as i have played all the previous ones and loved them. I wouldnt mind a driving game but not getting NFS as i have it on the PC and have finished it. GT what ever looks pants especially with that Free steering wheel you get :(

Zelda is a possibility however not sure i want something so intense just yet. i bought Mario 64, loving that again.

I noticed a few other games appeared this week on the VC

Buy it!!!! :D

(sorry drunk) lol.