ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will 215 width fit?

Monaco Blue Mk2
I was having a look yesterday and there didn't really seem another 4cm (I'm on 175 currently) of space before the tyre would be touching the arch. looked about 3cm at the most. Will they fit ok on 16's or am I going to be hacking into the arches!?

BMW 330d :)
Ali wouldnt it be better to get the widest tyre for the 172/182 models to improve traction and grip? Will a 215 fit a std 16" turini wheel?

Ziel Nurburgring
Ali, Yasser runs that size on his Cup for sprint/hill climb/trackdays and thinks it works well.

215 will fit, but will probably catch on a lowered car or a standard car on a trackday.

BMW 330d :)
Thanks guys my 195 contis are lacking a bit of grip so i might put them on the back of my car and get some 205's for the front. Thinking about lowering it 40mm as well on apex's. That shouldnt affect the castor angle of the cup suspension setup should it?

Cheers

Fraser

Monaco Blue Mk2
Thanks for the replies, hope they fit as I've only just realised that the wheels I'm, buying come with that size on. If I have no joy with fitting, is there any places that would take my 2nd hand 215 Eagle F1's and replace them for 205 's?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
blink172 said:
Ali, Yasser runs that size on his Cup for sprint/hill climb/trackdays and thinks it works well.

215 will fit, but will probably catch on a lowered car or a standard car on a trackday.

Yaser is running 215/40/15 iirc last time i checked last week. He doesn't own any 16's anymore...he's got a sorted set of slicks too,lol :D
John

cock mobile.
Frasers Cup said:
Thanks guys my 195 contis are lacking a bit of grip so i might put them on the back of my car and get some 205's for the front.
Cheers

Fraser

That would be illegal.

Woudn't 215s bulge quite a bit on Turinis?

SLK 350
I don't see why people are so keen to over rubber a tyre, 195's are fine as are 205's but the car really doesn't need anymore rubber on the road IMO.

Personally i think you'll be losing wheel feedback and you'll suffer with tramlining even more.

172 cup, GTi-R
sh33n said:
That would be illegal.

Woudn't 215s bulge quite a bit on Turinis?

Its not illegal so long as the tyres are the same on each axle its ok. A lot of the rwd jap cars run staggered fitments with different size tyres front to rear.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Dave3141 said:
I was told that the wider tyres need to be on the back , by an MOT tester.

I think that depends if your car is RWD or FWD. My first car was a smart car (no giggles pls!!) and i had 195's at the rear and 175's at the front. I've also noticed the SLR runs bigger at the back as do some SL's.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
some people in this thread are being silly.

I have 214/40/16 on my cup rims, lowere around -70mm and have not had any problems on track.

The tyre does NOT bulge infact fits perfectly and the grip shows from my results at the last airfield day.

cock mobile.
boooooost said:
Its not illegal so long as the tyres are the same on each axle its ok. A lot of the rwd jap cars run staggered fitments with different size tyres front to rear.

I'm pretty sure you can't have wider tyres at the front, you can have wider ones on the rear ok though.

Turbos.
ozzyo99 said:
I don't see why people are so keen to over rubber a tyre, 195's are fine as are 205's but the car really doesn't need anymore rubber on the road IMO.

Personally i think you'll be losing wheel feedback and you'll suffer with tramlining even more.

You will, thats a fact!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Saner said:
some people in this thread are being silly.

I have 214/40/16 on my cup rims, lowere around -70mm and have not had any problems on track.

The tyre does NOT bulge infact fits perfectly and the grip shows from my results at the last airfield day.

Did they fit straight on or did you have to modify arches or anything? Also what car do you have!?

I'm only using them 'coz they come with the wheels. I'll probably only use them until they wear out as I'm sure I wont want to be paying for 215's!!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Saner, Just found this thread

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128763

I'm very happy now, I can be fairly sure they'll just go straight on then!

Also mate, like your car alot. You've done most of the things I have planned for mine. Colour coded front, I'm just going to colour code bump strips as opposed to ph2. RS Side skirts, what where they like for fitting and how mcuh? Are they actual RS ones? Also liking the rear bumper, how much and what was fitting like?

I've already done Ph2 rear lights and clear side indicators. Picking my cup turini's on Saturday.

Where abouts are you based mate? Just thinking about where you had the work done, bodyshops etc.

Sorry about all the questions but I like your motor and I have similar plans, different colour though.

I thought about 215s to replace the standard 195s on my 172 but decided to go for 205/45/16s instead in the end. IMO the wheels look like they could handle a bigger tyre still.

Although the overall diameter of a 215/40/16 is almost identical to 195/45/16...

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
i had 215s on 15s lowered 40mm handled so much better than 205s or 195s and yes they will fit, although my offset was et35

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Hey Blue, i've had differnt work done at differnt places! whereabouts are you?

Thanks for th comment on th car! :)

Monaco Blue Mk2
Saner said:
Hey Blue, i've had differnt work done at differnt places! whereabouts are you?

Thanks for th comment on th car! :)

No probs mate it looks sweet, I've got similar plans but in Blue! lol
I'm based in the north-west mate.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Right, well all of the work i've had done was wayyyy down south.

The skirts are not Renaults own, just looky likeys from Subway here on the forum. If you got actually RS's you'd need the wings and bumper to go with. Fitting takes a little work but the shape is all good!

Bumper i got from a scrappy so price is what you pay.. it has not lined up with any holes on my car so i had to drill new ones, but i know of other mk2 ph1's where its matched!

Any other q's ask away!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Saner said:
Right, well all of the work i've had done was wayyyy down south.

The skirts are not Renaults own, just looky likeys from Subway here on the forum. If you got actually RS's you'd need the wings and bumper to go with. Fitting takes a little work but the shape is all good!

Bumper i got from a scrappy so price is what you pay.. it has not lined up with any holes on my car so i had to drill new ones, but i know of other mk2 ph1's where its matched!

Any other q's ask away!

Nice one mate, not to worry about you being darn sarrrf! I was thinking that about the skirts as I noticed you didn't have the wings and obviously the bumper. Thats good news then if I can get almost identical ones that fit with a little work! How much do you think I should expect to pay for colour coding, front and rear bumper, side strips, door handles, boot lock & spoiler?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I paid £235 for all the above except side strips... not to the best of quality but i couldnt afford more.

i'm expect you to pay £500 absolute max for a top noch perfect job!