ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will A 1.6 16v........

will a mk2 1.6 16v clio engine fit into a mk1 phase2 clio?

am just after ideas at the minute, i no hillpower.co.uk do the megane 1.6 8v conversion for £1500 (i think) but id want summat a little faster hence why am askin if the 1.6 16v would fit?

ill be sending a email to nick ne ways at hillpower over the weekend

cheers,

marc

Titanium 182

why f**k around

just get a valver lump

they always come up for sale, will fit and are just short of 140bhp

Clio Sport 172

y not just sell ure car and buy a 1.6 16v clio im sure u will prefer it and the insurance is quiet cheep

insurance for me on a 1.8 16v is like 3k

and for buyin a clio mk2 everyone round blackpool has them and they are the 1.2 16v, plus i like the shape of mine, even if i did sell my car i wudnt get enuff money back on mine :( and i dont want more loans hangin over my head to buy another car with

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i reckon you could get the engine to fit.the gearbox is only a j type which has been fitted in clios since they first come out so your bound to find some driveshafts to fit.the exhaust+manifold might be a bit tricky to fit in,you may need a custom build one.the main problem is getting past the renault immobiliser(the injection computer is coded to the immobiliser system) but theres bound to be someone out there who could un code it im sure.