ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will a laguna alternator fit

mk1 clio

will a 2.0 ltr omega fit my 1.2 rl clio.as i need a bigger alternator as im fitting a bigger stereo o to my clio.

Also would a heavy duty battery help too as im running a 1500watt amp just now and it killed the normall battery(only had the stereo on for 2 mins)its a new battery

Help Ppl!

mk1 clio

cheers dude id rather spend money on a bigger alternator than spend £25 a go on a battery all the time LOL! .im also gonna ask in college about this as im doing mechanics at college.so if i find out the answer ill let u kno ;)

Also in me first post its supposed to say laguna not omega LOL

[Edited by bass_junky on 20 February 2005 at 8:11pm]

Polo + Micra

sounds like something is wrong there cos it would take about 15mins to kill a 45Ah battery?

silver valver/hybrid

probably best to upgrade all the wiring to your alternator, and to upgrade earth cables to the chassis first, and maybe a beefier battery.

mk1 clio

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 21 February 2005

sounds like something is wrong there cos it would take about 15mins to kill a 45Ah battery?

well iam running a 1500w 2ch amp with two 10" subs ;) thats why im wanting to kno if these 2ltr laguna alternators will fit ;)

[Edited by bass_junky on 23 February 2005 at 8:04am]

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by bass_junky on 23 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 21 February 2005 sounds like something is wrong there cos it would take about 15mins to kill a 45Ah battery?

well iam running a 1500w 2ch amp with two 10" subs ;) thats why im wanting to kno if these 2ltr laguna alternators will fit ;)

ok but my point is still valid? the amount of subs doesnt matter. also so is it 1500w RMS?

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 23 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by bass_junky on 23 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 21 February 2005 sounds like something is wrong there cos it would take about 15mins to kill a 45Ah battery?

ok but my point is still valid? the amount of subs doesnt matter. also so is it 1500w RMS?

very unlikely, if this was the case, he would probably already have a 2nd battery, bugger alternator with split charging, sounds very much like its 1500w MAX, in which case it sounds like there is something wrong with the wiring and/or the alt is screwed

mk1 clio

its a 1500w rms i think...was told by my college lecturer(fully qualified mechanic) that its been wired wrong(me mate did it):eek: ...ive also bn told only way to find out if they fit is to sit the laguna alternator next to the original one.:cry:

Polo + Micra

a mechanic told you your amp was wired wrong:confused:

yeah thats probably the only way to be really sure:cry:

mk1 clio

well i explained the way me mate connected it all up like-

1.power cable from battery to amp

2.connect the blue wire from headunit to amp

3.earth the amp to the back seatbelt bolt

4.Audio connectors from hu to amp

which i thought was rite..me lecturer said all the amp is doing is drainin half the battery just when the ignition is turned on :confused:

mk1 clio

lol oh rite well its cos i dont have a liscence i cant take my car for a drive so its in a garage just now..so i just run the car now..ive taken the amp out just now untill i pass me driving test LOL