ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will be a Willy owner tomorrow!

Well after writing my Cup off last year and running round in a Mondeo since then it was time to get back into the clio groove.

Bought a Williams 1 No 252, 68K, cost £4850.

Car is in good condition overall, only some slight rusting on the drivers side rear arch but i will be getting that restored. Car runs like a dream very smooth indeed.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at various meets and stuff and meeting other Williams owners.

williams and trophy

welcome aboard mate.......n dont be goin writin the willy off lol.....altho u will notice the superior handling and feel over the cup ;)

Bingo bango,

Good to see another willy 1.

After a thread by Daz (i think) last month i kept note of all alive willy numbers ive seen. only got 18 so far. its a start.

Oh dear, i think i am becoming a very sad man.

Clio Williams No123

Ahhh, I think we investigated that one.

252 is standard, which I think is better. Think Ians gonna be looking to tweak it a bit when he gets it though :)

Hi guys

Im from Bedford, its not the one from Ebay, was advertised on Autotrader.

Definatly will NOT be writting of the willy, that would be like burning the Mona Lisa:)

I really am pleased with the car, just a few cosmetic bits and bobs need doing but I can do them as and when.

Hope you other Williams owners will give me a flash if you see me. It would be nice to do a database or something of all the Williams left in the country.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Another Williams in the club, nice work how do you think it compares to your old Cup?

i hope it is a little more forgiving than my Cup was. I always had in the back of my mind that the Cup would bite me if i messed up and indeed it did. I did contemplate getting a 182, took one for a test drive and i was very very impressed. But the Williams is a legend in my opinion and also a lot cheaper.

Seems clean but...............

I have owned the car for the past 2 years, and can honestly say i have had very few problems, when i first got the car the clutch cable snapped and recently the alternator has been dipping its charge slightly, no major problem i have tested the alternator and its holding charge all that happens is the battery light flickers on every now and again!

...........Alternator is going to set you back between £90 and £130 cos itll do your head in after a while :D

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Quote: Originally posted by Enid on 04 August 2004

Hi guys

Im from Bedford, its not the one from Ebay, was advertised on Autotrader.

Mark

That was the Williams on Ebay, I didnt buy that one, mine has advertised for a short while on autotrader

Clio Williams No123

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 04 August 2004

Another Williams in the club, nice work how do you think it compares to your old Cup?
Once I get my Williams back Im gonna do a little compare and contrast, as i got one of each...:)

And ian.....I hope you have got over it, cos the idea of you thinking bout me nekkid is worrying to say the least!!

Last time I looked on this thread Enid was suspended LOL - Is there now a 10 minuite "sin bin" to add to all the other rules.

Quote: Originally posted by Enid on 04 August 2004

Should be ok now, I updated my profile and things seemed to go wrong, but all seems ok now
LOL - Just the way people seem to dissapear on here you never know - its like the Bermuda Triangle;)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey McPot on 04 August 2004

Once I get my Williams back Im gonna do a little compare and contrast, as i got one of each...:)

And ian.....I hope you have got over it, cos the idea of you thinking bout me nekkid is worrying to say the least!!

Er....Excuse me....YOUVE GOT A WILLIAMS 1 2 & 3 ????

Well done Ian, hope to see at the next bedford meet, and this time avoid other parked cars!!!!coz youll wanna keep the willy mint mate;)

oh, and pay your fiver club subscription you tight arse! then you can post in meetings and events.

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 05 August 2004

Well done Ian, hope to see at the next bedford meet, and this time avoid other parked cars!!!!coz youll wanna keep the willy mint mate;)

oh, and pay your fiver club subscription you tight arse! then you can post in meetings and events.
I can see why Steve replied to this thread now!:eek:

Clio Williams No123

Quote: Originally posted by northy on 04 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey McPot on 04 August 2004

Er....Excuse me....YOUVE GOT A WILLIAMS 1 2 & 3 ????
No you lemon....Williams 1 number 0123 and a Cup....will be doing a full comparison :) hehe.

Hope you enjoy your Williams as much as I did Enid. Theyre very special cars and you need to remember that when youre shelling out for rear arch rust and the like!

I think it takes a few months on your favourite B-roads to fully appreciate how good a fit and fresh Williams is. Have fun! Ive never driven a more complete drivers car that balances handling, speed, comfort and practicality so well.

Hey Smokey - if you ever do sell, remember that buy-back clause!! Seriously, contact me first if youre ever thinking of selling No.123.

Clio Williams No123

No probs mate :)

Gonna have a few pictures up soon, its just in the garage getting the exhaust seals replaced cos theyre a leaking a bit after i fitted the de-cat pipe.

But its running beautifully other than that. Really enjoying ownership :)

Thank you!!

Got the Williams today and im really pleased with it. Will hopefully be getting the rear arch sorted soon and a few other cosmetic bits.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Good man....youll look like this....:D for quite sometime.

2004 Racing Blue 182

the biggest regret of my drivin life is buyin my second valver when i could have had a willy!!! Dont get me wrong, the valver is an awesome car in its own right, but a willy is just that little bit more special!!

really jealous mate, hope u look after her and enjoy!

-->NV