ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will be buying this... any information on the car?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renaultsport-clio-182-ff-quick-sale/1013648549

I'm selling my 2004 Clio 182 full fat version that has covered 75,000 miles. The car is in very good condition inside & out with very few marks.

• cat back Milltek exhaust system.
• big service has Been done, auxiliary and timing, with paperwork to show.
• 2 rear toyo tyres fitted less than 6 months ago.
• front springs, front + rear pads, track rod ends all replaced.

Cars has slight lacquer peel on front bumper.
If you would like to know anymore feel free to contact me.

Been to see it, got taken on a 15ish minute drive and the car didn't miss a beat, 4 prev owners, belts done by Falkland Performance (good or bad?) last year, both timing belt kit + aux belt kit, only down side is 1 months tax and 2 months mot, although he'll be putting a year on it before I buy. I am getting it cheaper than the asking price as well. The bumper also needs a respray as the lacquer has started peeling although it is hard to spot, apparently a combination of stone chips + a pressure washer caused it.

Any advice/information would be appreciated, if the car is on here etc.

Thanks.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
It has been up for a while I think. Also IRL is the colour that bad on the wheels? As in respray but forgot the caps?

Colour isn't that bad in real life, think theres some sort of effect going on in the pictures but you can notice it. He got the wheels powdercoated apparently and said they couldn't do the plastic centre caps? Not sure but won't be a big issue to get them matched up.

I'm getting it for £2600, with a years MOT, not entirely sure if that's overpaying (probably is) but won't take much to get it looking great.

If it fails the MOT, then I'll hit him with a proper cut down price and see what he says.

MKV GTI
I think for £2600 providing it flys through the mot, you've got a decent enough deal be cheeky and knock him down to £2.5k if you can.

People always seem to be undervaluing cars on here for some reason, i think its easily worth that as it seems to be well maintained providing falkland perfromance (never heard of them) have done the belts correctly then go for it. Should get the bumper re sprayed from anywere between £200-£400 depending on were you go then from the looks of things you'll have a very nice 182.

Pay what you think of the car , like said people on here really under value the cars! It needs bits and bobs but still getting a lot of car for your money IMO !
Yes they are marginally cheaper somewhere else but you like that one , but that one !

Cheers guys.

My minds pretty much made up, if he puts a years MOT on it I'll buy the car, was mainly just checking the car doesn't have any horrible history on here haha.

I go into glenrothes weekly dropping off/picking up the girlfriend from college you might see the Clio about soon. :)

It's in Newburgh, was about a 30 minute drive there... I think the Clio will be real fun on those roads back through though haha.

Nice one mate! I know Newburgh, one of my mates lives there's! Never seen it though haha! Ill keep an eye open anyway :) of you get it, keep an eye on the Scotland section, we have monthly meets :)

Will do mate! He's buying his dads 197, his cousin has a Racing Blue 182 and I even spotted a renault van haha so think it's been well looked after. Just hope the MOT gets sorted out soon.

Hopefully be coming to a few meets soon. :)

Sorry about the double post but couldn't edit above.

It passed the MOT but has a few advisories, nothing major though.

I got insured from Admiral for a month as a temp car on my current policy for £80! result, as the only temp cover website that would insure me wanted £40 for A DAY!

So I'll be picking the car up tomorrow, really can't wait. Also got some cash aside for some of the stuff that needs sorting and any mods I might want to do. :D

Sorry about the double post but couldn't edit above.

It passed the MOT but has a few advisories, nothing major though.

I got insured from Admiral for a month as a temp car on my current policy for £80! result, as the only temp cover website that would insure me wanted £40 for A DAY!

So I'll be picking the car up tomorrow, really can't wait. Also got some cash aside for some of the stuff that needs sorting and any mods I might want to do. :D

Great news mate ! Excited ? Enjoy the new motor :)