ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will i need 16v wings

Will i need 16 valver wings on my clio if i want to put 17"on it and its been lowered 60mm? Or just can i roll the arches remove the guards etc its a phase2 1994 rt

what size wheels u running at the mo? would have thought u would need 16v arches. intereted to know what people think im about to lower mine 55mm on 15s and was thinking the same. but would have though i wouldnt need to now. would like to put 16s on now though

Pete

dont know about it lookin silly lol, ill have to see. pete im running 15" wheels with a 60mm drop at the fornt with no rubbing, no archwork and no guards removal.

for the millionth time*sigh* i had 17" wheels with a 55/60 mm drop at front and around 45mm at back on my RT, my mate has 16" wheels and 55/60mm at front and about 70mm at back(RT). No major arch work needed, just stuff u can do yourself, cut and file arch lips and seal etc and even this was just on the back. Very simple to do

oh nice cheers, but hmm still deciiding on 16s or 17s. i always seem to settle on 16s coz of the speed handling. but then 17;s are so pimpin and most of my mates have 17s on, i dont wanna be the smaller one, ah geez.

i would go 17s. they look wicked on the clio and every single time i have gone 16s i have changed to 17s soon after!

i have been SOOO close to changing but i have to remember i want awesome performance, not looks. whats the point in a tuned willy engine and coilovers if your gonna ruin it with 17s? on an RT performance is not an issue

ive decided on 16s, i got my mail back from ktec all i need is to put wider arches on the front and slightly trim the back. This is with 195/60/40. Taking into account my car is decked 60front 75 back and a 5door and i might go lower if i can after the wheels :O

can someon confirm for me that 16v wings are 30 quid each directly from renault? If not ill give em a ring tomoz when they open.