ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will lowering my car...

Clio 182ff
A) Make my car faster?
or
B) Knacker the handling?

I have a 182 with cup suspension already, is it really worth getting sum coilovers and lowering?

Cheers ;)

Lowering adds 25bhp I've been told.

You'll notice a big difference in cornering, on a serious note.

non sport
lowering improves the looks and as jesus says helps it corner better, personally i wouldnt go for coilovers but thats cos im a tight git but id always go for lowering springs

More poke than viagr
If your willing to spend the money get coilovers. Best by far, and you will notice a difference....and it will look so much better lol :eek:

172 Monaco
yes it adds the same as a supercharger would do.
Also makes ur car grip the road like a fighter jet cornering at mac 11
and yes but only spend over 15k on them... no more.

Clio 182ff
ok, sum good advice fellas (hope its not just banter lol)

Its just I can't get over the fact that a lowered car looks like the tires will just clash with wheel-arches in extreme turning? Its seems like a cosmetic change rather then something positive for driving - unless am getting that wrong?

Don't bother. If you want to go faster then invest in driver training. Cheaper long run as it goes with you to your next car.

Not sure but doesn't the trophey have the same spring rates but lower height on the front?

What tyres you got?

200 Gordini
Search for Eibach Sportlines.

They improved my handling and less body roll. Lowers it a little bit too.

Mk2 172
ok, sum good advice fellas (hope its not just banter lol)

Its just I can't get over the fact that a lowered car looks like the tires will just clash with wheel-arches in extreme turning? Its seems like a cosmetic change rather then something positive for driving - unless am getting that wrong?

Just leave it and spend money elsewhere. It wont make any difference apart from sit a tiny bit lower.
Go on a trackday instead :)

Clio 182ff
Don't bother. If you want to go faster then invest in driver training. Cheaper long run as it goes with you to your next car.

Not sure but doesn't the trophey have the same spring rates but lower height on the front?

What tyres you got?

Got the Mich EX2's - but you and others have confimed what am thinking. I need a new zhorst and clutch kit foremostly...thought the coilovers where over-rated anyways ;)

Cheers.

Evo 8 MR
Any off the shelf kit won't cause scrubbing providing your rolling on standard wheels, maybe a little on full lock but that's nothing.

Coilovers are definitely worth it imo especially if you invest in some that are fully adjustable but make sure you get them setup properly as much damage can be caused if you don't know what you are doing.