ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will race seats improve.....

will race seats improve driving position, like lower it a bit beacuse its far too high at the moment. any1 got ne pictures of theirs?

i have cobra monacos and instead of buying clio subframes i used the originals and changed them round a bit so my seat stil goes up and down cos otherwise it was too high!!

i sit really far down so wouldnt work for me!

they are lower anyway than standard seats depending on what seats you get

vix :)

the monacos are lower due to lack of arse padding, i got clubmans which av bout a 2 inch pad under ur arse so is comfy but lackin in head room if ur 6.2ft+

is it easy to fit seats to the standard subframes? are the holes in the right place etc?

gonna get sum corbeau,s soon cant wait!

urm no not really to be honest!!

the old seats (standard seats) are on the subframes bolted on at the sides whereas buckets are bolted from underneath so you have to get some tough metal and bolt this across from one side of the seat to the other (the original holes where the seat was bolted onto) and then bolt the seat onto these

it is a bit of a mission cos you have to get it in exactly the right place so the seat can still pump up and down and go forwards and back

worth it to get a comfortable driving position tho and also saves £120!

corbeaus are nice thats what i was originally goin to get

so i think am gonna get the subframes for em ,so is it easy to take the standard seats and frames out? should i get it dne by a pro?

no they just unbolt

bit of a mission to get to the bolts i must be honest but you can do it yourself

i think its about 4 bolts or something you need torx screw things tho

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol why does it save 120 quid ???

i have monacos and they are SOOO uncomfortable, drive using them for more than 1 1/2hours and u cant feel ya arse....

if u buy them u buy H frames with them, which means, u take old seats out, and bolt the new seats to the h frame then bolt the seat and h frame to the old runners.... the h frames are 30 quid each...

mk1 proto

yeah but who on ere in this thread has got 700quid to spend on a pair of seats! u guys may not ave heard of them but trs do a nice comfy seat called ektor, n its french! lol!! only about 85quid n well comfy too!

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Rexy on 24 January 2004

Boy racer seats??? Lmfbo What are they then? Do they come with Max power stickers?
For Vix, they are "GIRLRACER" seats!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Klang1.6 on 23 January 2004

decided am gonna get em fitted by a pro how much do u think it will cost? will reno do it?
Why are you getting someone else to fit them? they are easy to do - you could spend the money on other stuff mate!

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 24 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Rexy on 24 January 2004

Boy racer seats??? Lmfbo What are they then? Do they come with Max power stickers?
For Vix, they are "GIRLRACER" seats!!!

Mixed Racer seats ;) Tum tee tum tum

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

Whatever you do dont by proper racing seats. I had some Corbeau Revolutions in my 5GTT and admittedly they looked the absolute business and held you in no matter what you did but they were SERIOUSLY uncomfortable and an absolute pig to fit. Get something fast road orientated and comfortable, your back will thank you for it.