ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will renault go nuts

hey i have a 172 cup 03 plate and the cv joint is going so i thought i would take it to the dealership as i still have warranty. but i have a problem the wheels are not standard i have 17s on it so if i take will they tell me that i have to pay as it is not standard

also i could borrow my mates 1.2 clio wheels but as these are not supposed to be on the cup either will they go a little crazy then i have to pay for it to be repaired. dont fancy that

id try and borrow a set of cup rims if possible, otherwise take it down and hope they dont use the wheels as an excuse, if they do then get some 16s from somewhere and take it to a different dealer to be sorted

I got a driveshaft replaced when my Clio was lowered 80mm, for free.

You shouldnt have a problem, and if you do, make a fuss. Simple.

-Rob

my mate had 18s on his valver when it went in for work few years ago now they never said a word. they could say the bigger wheels caused the cv joint to go. what have you got to lose??