ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will these fit 182 alloys

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yes they will fit.

But at 50 height in profile I would be worried that they would catch the arches. Even if on the standard suspension set up and especially if lowered.

Any particular reason you want to run that size?

Bit of a weird size, most usually for for 205/45 standard on the 182s, or 195/45 which 172s come with.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes they will fit.

But at 50 height in profile I would be worried that they would catch the arches. Even if on the standard suspension set up and especially if lowered.

Any particular reason you want to run that size?

Ye mines on sportline springs so guess that's a no go.
And I just thought because of the price ideally. I couldn't find them tyres at normal 205/45 size. I will have another look.

Haha thats fine. All our toyo products are being updated price wise etc so they will be back on soon hopefully.

I noticed that they had disappeared, was about to order some and they had gone

I did email asking about 195/40/16 T1rs and you said you weren't planning on restocking them.

Prices were pretty much the same as tyretraders so I went with them :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Are rainsport 2's decent for a track day too?

I would say better than t1r. T1rs are very soft. Can't imagine it would take much heat to ruin a set. It doesn't take much to ruin them on the road.

Both soft tyres though for a track day technically.

If its wet, which is likely in this country then it they will be a load better than the t1rs.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ok cheers :) never new picking tyres was such a chore.

What about going for the tyres which came with it, pilot exalto 2's, continental contact2's? Reasonable on track?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Exalto 2s in 205/45/16 have been replaced with Pilot sport 3s.

Never ran continentals personally so couldnt comment but never really anything bad about them.

Pirelli, Conti, Michelin etc would be a bit better on a track day as they are of a harder compound but then they are more expensive by a good chunk.

So not sure which way it works out better to be honest. I ran Eagle f1s on track and they were fine if kept coming in after about 20-25 minutes otherwise they got a bit soft.

For me in that size my first choice would be Pirelli Pzero nero, I loved mine in dry and rain. Never had them near a track though, just a 1/4 mile day where I done 16 runs and they didn't seem effected by it. Saw 13kish out of the fronts and my rears had done 20k and still had 5mm on them.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Will they be ok for road and track use? I don't want them to be useless after one track day.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yeah they are a great all rounder.

Its what I will be using on mine after the winter tyres come off.

Great in the dry and the wet too because of its full tread pattern. Scored an A in wet grip tests on the new tyre labels to!

I think Markcup on here uses them on his 200, he seems to praise them highly. Last I seen him post he had done around 10k and a trackday or 2 with his and there was still a bit to go on them.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think I will stretch myself and go for these. Heard nothing but good things about them. :)