ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willaims problems

Ok Im trying to sort out a few things on my Willaims (still love saying that) and insurance so hopefully someone can help.
1) Anyone know of an insurance company who will allow me to stick a roll cage in my car Adrian Flux/ Highay say no.
2) How the heck do you remove the front and rear bumpers?
3) If I unplug the seatbelt pretentions computer will it set any warning lights off?
4) Has anyone used aftermaket copycat oil filters?
5) whats the best jackingpoitns on the car there the crassic rails at the fornt but I want to jack it up and stick it on blocks so I can get under the car.
6) Anyone know mark@richspeed or whatever he is called I need to buy some stuff but Ive only ever seen him on the Williams forums which are now down.
7) Whats are all those bits under the drivers side wheel arch towards the bumper one like a canister (fuel vent?) and theres a few other I think mines missing an arch protector so you might not see then normally. If there for the seat blt pretentions canI just remove them as well (lighter and wasted space)
8) How should I oil/protect the coilovers thread from rusting as mine are getting a bit dirty.
9)Anyone know of a cheap interier or least door cards for sale? Also a new radiator protector and grill?
10) The car has 6 speakers two in the front dash tow in the doors and two in the back?
Many thanks. (went on a bit didnt I)

4) No point - dont think they that expensive from Renault.
7) Carbon Can, yea..
10) Only in Williams 3s. 1/2s dont have door speakers

Id like to use copy ones as there 1/2 price at £2.5 (trade) instead of £5. And Ill be going thourght them quick enough with say 8 track days + germany twice this year.

The carbon can is the can then what about the others they look like sensors for Id guess the belts and there are some loose wires from then anyway.

Williams 2 have the holes for the speakers in the doors (well mine has) so I might wire some in.

I cannot see any reinforced bits then again the cars a bit dirty and covered in protective covering over most of the bottom so there no obvious thicker bits.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 13 April 2005

Williams 2 have the holes for the speakers in the doors (well mine has) so I might wire some in.
Yea, but not in the door card.. so would need to be cut.. :(

1) Ask Adams16v HSC iirc
2) Theres to bolts holding it on from the side behind the arch liners and one behind the Number plate
4) GSF surply Reno ones....never use fakes
5) Subframe / rear axel
6) Hes one here to and RSC
7) Something to do with the fuel breathing
8) I coverd mine in copper greese
9) I have a valver trim....not the best of nic...VERY cheap
10) Maybe non in the dash

1) HIC iirc
2) Theres to bolts holding it on from the side behind the arch liners and one behind the Number plate
4) GSF suply Reno ones....I never use fakes
5) Subframe / rear axel
6) Hes on here and RSC
7) Something to do with the fuel breathing
8) I coverd mine in copper greese
9) I have a valver trim....not in the best of nic...VERY cheap

*Editted*

6. Hi Edde. Do post on here occasionally. I can be contacted either via e-mail : info@ritchspeed-imports.com or on my office phone 01970 871092 at most times of the day.

As for insurance with a roll cage. Try Graham Sykes on 0845 1300 231 who are quite willing to insure road cars with cages. If they dont do it let me know and Ill send you the list of insurers we recommend.

Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 13 April 2005

Ok Im trying to sort out a few things on my Willaims (still love saying that) and insurance so hopefully someone can help.
1) Anyone know of an insurance company who will allow me to stick a roll cage in my car Adrian Flux/ Highay say no.
2) How the heck do you remove the front and rear bumpers?
3) If I unplug the seatbelt pretentions computer will it set any warning lights off?
4) Has anyone used aftermaket copycat oil filters?
5) whats the best jackingpoitns on the car there the crassic rails at the fornt but I want to jack it up and stick it on blocks so I can get under the car.
6) Anyone know mark@richspeed or whatever he is called I need to buy some stuff but Ive only ever seen him on the Williams forums which are now down.
7) Whats are all those bits under the drivers side wheel arch towards the bumper one like a canister (fuel vent?) and theres a few other I think mines missing an arch protector so you might not see then normally. If there for the seat blt pretentions canI just remove them as well (lighter and wasted space)
8) How should I oil/protect the coilovers thread from rusting as mine are getting a bit dirty.
9)Anyone know of a cheap interier or least door cards for sale? Also a new radiator protector and grill?
10) The car has 6 speakers two in the front dash tow in the doors and two in the back?
Many thanks. (went on a bit didnt I)

Front bumper has 1 screw behind numberplate, 1 in each wheel arch and 2 underneath.
Rear bumper has 1 in each arch and up to 7 underneath.
Disconnect battery before unplugging pretensioner comp and youll be fine, the sensors are actually inside the computer.
Use GSF oil filters.
I use the main chassis beam with some wood on the jack, and the same place for stands. Do NOT use the front sub-frame!
In wheelarch there should be the carbon cannister for fuel vapours, Horn, brake pad wear sensor wire (pink) and wires for front fogs.
Grease or copperslip on the threads.
As standard it came with 4 speakers, 2 in dash and 2 in rear shelf but all the wiring will be there for the door ones, when the door ones are fitted as standard the ones in dash are tweeters.

Mat.