ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 0001 Found

Trouble is, if 0001 is alive with almost no miles on it, the others arnt gonna be as collectable. people will always want the best one, not the second best one.

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 22 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 22 July 2003

very true, ill give u 3k for yours....! ;)
LMAO. Now 0001 is found its prob not worth that:eek:
Aw - well delete the thread and tell everyone that Frank Williams pranged ii.......................;)

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 22 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 22 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 22 July 2003

very true, ill give u 3k for yours....! ;)
LMAO. Now 0001 is found its prob not worth that
Aw - well delete the thread and tell everyone that Frank Williams pranged ii.......................

so did everyone beleive that rubbish that Frank has 0001? Fooled you then did i? Cos....er.....he....er....pranged it actually and so mine is now worth 20 grand;)

You should definitely do a database of williams 1-400 thatd be good. ive got no.295 :D. What sorta stuff you gonna have in the database if you make it?

Im thinking of trying to get a detailed history of each car. People want to know more than where the car is located. They want to know past owners, past locations, pics of all the plaques, modifications, problems etc etc. If anyone is reading this who wants to send me the details of their Williams send to mailto:rob_barrington@hotmail.com">rob_barrington@hotmail.com. Digi pics of the car and especially the plaque would be needed eventually plus any details of the history of the car / problems / modifications. Maybe we should have a bit of a meet to see how many Williams we gan get in one place. Be good picture taking oportunity too.

Im trying to arrange to see 0001 at the moment, so at least ill have 1 and 2, but really could do with some other low numbers too. Anyone any ideas about 3, 4,5,6,7,8 etc?

sorry but i think there must be some truth to the story....... perhaps it was pranged & repaired ? perhaps well never know the truth !!..............excelent work tho king, well done mate ;)

welll to be honest

001 must be worth repairing no mattter how severe the damage and if mr frank williams wanted another one renault im sure would build him another with a 001 plaque in it

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there have been loads of tv programs and magazines that said it was smacked though?

astra coupe 2.2

just to spice it up a bit, did any one see deals on wheels today (25th) ????? they did a piece on the Williams and Mike Brewer said that the No1 Williams had been written off by Sir Frank!!

clio williams, Ph1 172

hehe. I heard that Frank williams was disabled 20 odd years ago after crashing a car. not a clio though hehe

Dont know much about numbering guys.

Why would Renault make No.1 Willy left and then No.2 RHD. The most obvious answer is the country of origin (meaning there are far more Willys than the rarely bought UK model would suggest). No way does it work that way. Great concept, however most of the world drives with left handers and they have sold Willys all over. They also have a numbered plaque. Al la Francais.

Are you all saying that the UK only has the numbers. I sense a little marketing here (a la Cup). Have a relative or twenty in France. Willys and now 172s have been the icons. Yet theirs do not have the same numbering system as suggested by the thread. Just not possible.

Hate to deflate some fantastic ideas. Williams are a fantastic motor, BUT the numbers us UK guys go for are purely the right hand drive ones.

Mark

Quote: Originally posted by blaze on 25 July 2003

Dont know much about numbering guys.

Why would Renault make No.1 Willy left and then No.2 RHD. The most obvious answer is the country of origin (meaning there are far more Willys than the rarely bought UK model would suggest). No way does it work that way. Great concept, however most of the world drives with left handers and they have sold Willys all over. They also have a numbered plaque. Al la Francais.

Are you all saying that the UK only has the numbers. I sense a little marketing here (a la Cup). Have a relative or twenty in France. Willys and now 172s have been the icons. Yet theirs do not have the same numbering system as suggested by the thread. Just not possible.

Hate to deflate some fantastic ideas. Williams are a fantastic motor, BUT the numbers us UK guys go for are purely the right hand drive ones.

Mark

No, you are wrong. All the first Williams had numbers, irrespective of country of origin. Williams 2 and 3 didnt. I think 0001 was LHD because the French wanted 0001 to be French. The whole concept of the Williams was designed for the British market to cash in on the boy racer market (Peugeot were doing particularly well). That market didnt exist in continental Europe at the time and still really isnt as big as in Britain. The Williams name is British and would only appeal to the British market. Lets face it if Renault were targeting the French market they would not need the Williams name. The numbers are not duplicated in Europe. For one you cant sell a limited edition chassis number and then duplicate that number on another car. If you did duplicate the number it would be selling under false pretenses and you could be sued.

Understand m8, could be the fact I have seen only two left hand drive Willys in France. That is around Lyon alone. Having said that they do not say Williams as U rightly say "Williams was for the UK market only".

Trouble is every country in the EU had the same car, may not have said Williams on the back/side etc. Thats . because they do not speak English. what we call "172, or cup, or 2rsi,or RT ETC.----ETC". the rest of Europe do not.

Same car though!!!!!;)

Audi S3

Quote: Originally posted by dan c on 25 July 2003

just to spice it up a bit, did any one see deals on wheels today (25th) ????? they did a piece on the Williams and Mike Brewer said that the No1 Williams had been written off by Sir Frank!!
yea i watched that and he didnt dsay frank wrote it off (cuz thats just not possible) but that is was writen off!

Clio 182 Trophy, V6

You are the King Dong mate. If it doesnt upset you too much can I have number 0002 of the coach seats available that I hope you are gonna organise to take us all round his house in to see this prestigious piece of motoring history?

Quote: Originally posted by Marky on 25 July 2003

You are the King Dong mate. If it doesnt upset you too much can I have number 0002 of the coach seats available that I hope you are gonna organise to take us all round his house in to see this prestigious piece of motoring history?
Ok ill see what i can do

Hey King.stromba,

Who cares you have 002 which is second rarest willy in the world! Id buy it if my other half would let me have two clios ;)

Why you selling it if you dont mind me asking?

i have the video clip here on my hard drive (in Mpeg format) of the 002 willy (king.strombas?!) being driven round the airfield. I have no where to host it tho.

Quote: Originally posted by Potster on 26 July 2003

Hey King.stromba,

Who cares you have 002 which is second rarest willy in the world! Id buy it if my other half would let me have two clios

Why you selling it if you dont mind me asking?

I miss my Silvias too much. Im a big lad 6ft 1 and 15 and a half stone and i am finding it uncomfortable driving a small car.

172 exclusive no 172

here you go king , looking round the french williams web site and found these five clio williams will email you the file..

Sorry no numbers but has spec.(IN FRENCH) not that hard to see what they have done.. :)

Monaco 172

Quote: Originally posted by VoRN-182 on 22 July 2003

It would have been impossible for Frank Williams to have crashed 0001 anyway cuz he has been in a wheel chair since 1986 after he crashed a Ford Seiara!
he couldve got it converted to one of those cars that u accelerate from the steering wheel and turned it into an automatic williams 001 an automatic

ive just seen deals on wheels, that car got thrashed more on that airfield than most cars have in their lifetime! Id still buy it if i had the money though!