ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Renault Megane
Hi peps,

I brought the Autocar magazine today, for the sole purpose of there article of the re-make of the iconic beauty which is the Clio Williams LUSH! Reading up on the car it sounds like the clio i have been waiting for. 220BHP from a 1.6 lt turbo'd engine :p. The looks are that you want from a car with that power, stand out in a crowd type looks and would give any car similar size and spec shiver. The interior clean cut (As per usual with a Renault , i could only imagine the seat being comfy yet sporty and nice stature while seating and throwing round corners.

The only downfall-S, yes there are a few unfortunately. The part that started it off, 5 doors :( Why is these companies making sport cars and adding the weight of two UN-NEEDED DOORS! they have done the same to the new Ford ST, it upsets the look and presence of the car. Keep it simple, like the (gorgeous - From my VXR nut cuz lol) Corsa VXR Nurburgring ed, Megane RS 265 and the upcoming VW Polo R. Saying that, i believe Renault have a done a v good job concealing the door away to keep a nice clean cut mean look. In a way similar to Seat's Leon FR, but im worried that just knowing it's there is going to ruin it all.

And the BIG NO NO for me, ONLY IN AUTO!!!! Call me old fashioned but to me the most sporty feel you can get, is gear shifting the trad way with the stick. I believe this as going in a cruise round the New Forest in my STANDARD Megane, just feels awesome at 80 and upwards round the twisty roads :quiet: shifting up and down thinking im in a BTCC race lol. But by saying it is an auto, this more sounds like a semi-auto. Paddle-shift??? Well i can see as the connection between the Williams and Renault in F1, is like Wenger and Arsenal, made and formed around each other. So this could be another example of F1 coming in to our everyday cars. but will it work, or am i just hoping for a paddle shift instead of the bog standard auto. Which i believe this remake of a classic.

renault-clio-williams-2.jpg

renault%20clio%20williams_final_BSY.jpg

I have found some photos and information here: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/renault-clio-williams-set-comeback-2014

Would like your thoughts and opinions as this could a car for my future shopping list. If i dnt start my car restorations, with the original:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.