ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 276

Hi all,

Ive recently bought the above and was just wondering if anybody on here has ever owned or knows anything about this Williams? Its an L reg Williams 1. I just hope no one comes back saying everything under the sun was wrong with it!! Cos so far all thats gone wrong has been the alternator(Now fixed), which i knew about before i bought and the digital temp. Most annoying thing is i cant drive it at the mo, as the cars in to have all the alloys re-furbed!! GRRR!!!

I keep saying il get some photos done i know, its just i want it to look real mint before i do post them. I took the car to Alloy Magic in Bmth today, to get the wheels refurbed. Not sure how long its guna take. Having to drive my dads TD Xantia!! Once its back all i need is the correct decals for the back and sides. Once thats done il defo post some pics. The car did actually come from up north! Had to travel 300 miles. But was well worth it.

yer i remember someone advertising one for sale on here with the decals in the wrong place, a few cms out, is this the car youve brought?

It hasnt got any decals on the side at the mo. Maybe they were removed them before he sold it? Ive hopefully got some on order at the mo.

what number isit? just out of interest, its strange that theres no decals on the side, maybe been crashed and repaired? are all the panel gaps the same? maybe the decals just came off when it was being washed

Midge, its a Williams 1.

Before i bought it, it had it HPI checked etc to see if had been in any accidents. It all came out clear. Its also got FSH. I know this doesnt make much difference. All the lines/gaps of the car are still perfect so i cant see it having been in an accident. If anything i reckon it may of had a respray.

Embarrassed to say

Just hope its not the car i had inspected. It was advertised as mint for £4500 and turned out it was involved in a heavy frontol collision, it wasnt even properly repaired just dressed to look right on the outside.

How long ago was that? I didnt pay anywhere near that much though!!! Im sure a heavy collison must have shown on the HPI check i had done, which ever category damage.(Unless obviosuly didnt go through insurance)

Embarrassed to say

Nah it wasnt on the hpi because it was repaired by one of the owners, didnt go through insurance. The clutch and gearboxed were in a bad state also, alot of crunching noises etc.

I know that one was for sale on ebay in Sept. and it was on 69k, but thats all i know.

Did you say Alloy magic in Bournemouth? where abouts is that and where are you from? Im in dorset and need me alloys re furbed, would be interested in the outcome.

Thats the one i reckon. He told me he advertised it on there, but i bought it privately. Everythings fine with it, gearbox, clutch etc. Im 100% happy with it!! Im in Bournemouth. If you know Poole, and where the large Makro store is, its oppsoite there. Im supposed to be getting it back either 2m or wednesday. Il let you know what they come out like!