ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 3 Going Cheap

182 FF
My mates Williams 3 has just dropped its box. It needs a new gear box and he's got a new car so his interest in the williams is non existant. I'm thinking about buying it, so my question is

how much will it cost to fix

how much is it worth

it has 90k on it and is very tidy, no rust etc, plenty of service, and the interior is mint, just don't know weather to buy it.

suggestions please

182 FF
If i said I could get it for 500 quid what would be the general concensus, i'm thinking of just selling it on to add funds for a 182

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
if it was £500 and it was as you described, you'd be a complete tit to turn it down!

Buy it, a new box fitted will be £350-400 and Robert is your mothers brother.

Keep it aswell, its better than a 182.

RenaultSport 172.
If i said I could get it for 500 quid what would be the general concensus, i'm thinking of just selling it on to add funds for a 182

I agree with superfastdan. buy it, repair it. own a classic. Enjoy. =]

simple.
and you have a fully workin williams for about £1000 tops, with a resale-ble value of 2-3 times as much. good investment if you ask me.

182 FF
that is what i thought, i'm very tempted, as a matter of fact i think i'll get it. Will a 1.8 16v box fit or will it have to be a williams?

All it needs is a clean and a little tlc, I used to love my old valver

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
iirc, the valver box will make it quicker, but wiil lose a couple of mph top end.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you tool, you've just told us what you paid! why would anyone let you make money out of them?

I'll give you £505 ;)

RenaultSport 172.
haha, yes the valver box will fit mate.

so its a complete car minus gearbox. either way its worth more than £500 wether you told everyone what you payed for it or not.

end of the day its what its worth, not what you payed for it ;)

182 FF
haha, yes the valver box will fit mate.

so its a complete car minus gearbox. either way its worth more than £500 wether you told everyone what you payed for it or not.

end of the day its what its worth, not what you payed for it ;)

exactly.

no one can accuse me of not being honest

1.8 8v RSi
BUY IT YOU STUPID F**K if you don't gimme his number and i will be there tomorrow with a trailor and £500 cash

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
500£ is an absolute bargain, i got a 2nd hand box from a write off, cost 300 fitted.

RenaultSport 172.
BUY IT YOU STUPID F**K if you don't gimme his number and i will be there tomorrow with a trailor and £500 cash

anyone would of thought phoneix wants it...hmm
lmao

seriously though mate, even if your buying it to sell on, its a corker.
dont miss out on it!

RenaultSport 172.
haha. dont blame you...anyone would snap that up for £500!

nah its not phoenix. thats the valver =] its 449 blue but its a black and white pic, only got it on the road yesterday! :D

182 FF
I guess i'll buy it then.

just wanted to confirm my suspicions. pics will be posted tomorrow

182 FF
completly standard. its never been messed with and has a full service history to boot, just the gear box has let it down. other than that its mint, the body work is very clean, especially the rear arches.

i think i'm gunna enjoy having this car

Focus ST
I've just purchased a Valver! Nice little fun track car, should be good!!
You should consider the same, nice little racer!!!!

Shed.
do it. Just do it. you be a total wanker if you turned it down. Get the box replaced and itll be as good as new.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Can't wait to see the pics.

I got a fried who is looking for one after selling his 1.9 GTi couple of weeks back. Interested?;)

182 FF
Its now confirmed the gearbox has gone:( but I wasn't supprised.

Theres hole near the N/S drive shaft next to the the oil sump

182 FF
And heres the pictures

just needs a good detailing as its in very good condition.

Is it possible to find out which number this car is in the batch?

Attachments

• DSC00326.JPG
    DSC00326.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00328.JPG
    DSC00328.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
  Valver
The number would be on the gold plaque, normally located on the dash underneath the three switches with hazards etc, which you appear not to have. Are you sure this is a Williams and not a valver-turned-replica? And it's certainly not 'completely standard', either - there's a Pipercross cone on it and what looks like a non-standard exhaust. Also the stickers look a bit off! Nonetheless well done either way.

182 FF
The number would be on the gold plaque, normally located on the dash underneath the three switches with hazards etc, which you appear not to have. Are you sure this is a Williams and not a valver-turned-replica? And it's certainly not 'completely standard', either - there's a Pipercross cone on it and what looks like a non-standard exhaust. Also the stickers look a bit off! Nonetheless well done either way.

Just the williams 1 has the plaque, I have the standard air box and the exhaust is standard, or at least it sounds like it, just needs adjusting properly, other than a good clean it'll be ace:) .............
and a gear box or course

A valver replica? Not according to my insurance company:S my last valver was a damm sight cheaper to insure than this