ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams - ITG Maxogen

guaging interest

who would be interested in the 2nd best filter on the market? (GruppeM is the best)

not sure on price, but expet it to be around the same price as a viper

**reaon for asking, is i may be able to have one developed**

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

They do a glass fibre version as well which would be cheaper, also this shoudl eb for williams /16v owners as there all the same.

I think Mitsi works for ITG or for one of there suppliers - think he quotes something like £37 for a replacment 16v/williams ITG filter. Think i might drop him a PM on pay day.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Main problem with the 16v and Willy is teh throttle body adaptor. Most people have got them toole didividually although think Ktec now do one for their Viper kit.

Maxogen would be a nice option but doubt there would be too much demand for it unless gains were proven and cost not much more than a viper.

Think the Viper is now available through Ktec and how many people have fitted them? Can only think of a few on here.

rockport - the maxogen is far from just a replacement filter

steve - glassfibre is all well and good, but not quite as effective at keeping the temperatures down as carbon fibre

matty - if it all goes ahead, well see what the gains are, but from what ive seen on other cars, there is no doubt they are better than the viper/cda

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

If it where to give a nice gain then I would go for one, but at the moment the best option is the standard airbox with replacement filter and replacement air feed. The problem with the K tec viper kit is that it has no air feed, it just sits in the gap by the rad which i wouldnt be happy with.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

CDA uses a cold air feed well, although it does on my 16v. Only problem was the adaptor which had to be made. Maxogen could be an ideal off teh shelf solution

i have recieved an e-mail from ITG er: Williams Maxogen Kits

as below

Hi Bryan,

Seems like maxogen kits for Clio’s are flavour of the day these days, we are just about to launch a kit to fit the MK II sport and Clio cup, but unfortunately this will not fit the MK I Clio’s. Don’t despair though, we are currently trying to develop a MK I kit in conjunction with Mark Fish Motorsport, the problems we are having is with the amount of available space in the MK I as compared to the MK II – I’ll have to speak to Mark and see what the progress is.

I’ll keep your details on file and let you know when I have some more news.

Best regards,

Andy Jackson.

so it seems the kit is likely to be developed, just a matter of time

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Cant see how it attaches to the throttle body. I guess it directly fits rather than the Viper/CDA that requires adaptor plate with lip on to use silicon hose to attach IK to throttle body.

if you look at the application list then click on one of the applications, there is a pic inside to show fitment, basically connects straight to the throttle body, but thats about as much as my knowledge goes (never fitted one myself)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Simon. CDA is mounted with cold air intake at rear and that uses the piping that came with kit running down and then facing forward. It works but may use the stuff demon tweeks sell in the motorsport catalogue which is piping (need more) and a scoop to position behind teh bumper somewhere

Bambam, guessing the maxogen is gonna be tricky to fit if direct on the throttle body as not much room in that part of engine bay and not much height or depth. Depends on size of Maxogen which, never seeing one, I dont know.

yeah it will be tricky to fit, as Andy says, there is not really much room for them to work with, the maxogen isnt all that big, but with it being a solid unit connecting directly to the throttle body, it will take a little more work to get into place

hopefully if all goes well, there should be one fitted to a wiliiams very shortly, so will be able to update everyone with the progress

the only thing i can think they could possibly do, is to mount the housing facing downwards, utilising whatever space is there, then running the air feed to the lower front bumper, but well see in the near future

172, Tiguan

Wouldnt get your hopes up to much, theyve been delaying the mk2 one for the 172/cup for ages. And i really wanted one.

Have decided now to go for a CDA in the meantime, with some extra bits made up.

Im aware it still wont quite match the Maxogen, but will the Maxogen ever arrive...

having spoken to Andy today (19/02) the kit for the 172 is coming very soon, they are just about finished the product

will be visiting Mark Fish MSport on the advice of Andy to see developments, and see how things are shaping up, and get a realistic time scale

once things are finished, i will see if its possible to have 4 rolling road tests performed on the same car once as standard, with viper, with cda and then with the maxogen to confirm the power gains, yes the kit is one of the more expensive, but the quality of them speak for themselves

172, Tiguan

agreed on that front.

Lets hope Andy is correct - Perhaps it might be wise to hang on for a bit then. Cheers Brian.

Skoda Fabia vRS

for the price of a CDA there is no competition, the Maxogen will be £300+ and will it really produce better gains than a CDA for DOUBLE the cost ?..........i very much doubt it....

grab yourself a BMC for £170 or less and get very similar gains, suppose its possible better gains maybe, have to see a RR result

just think what you could spend the extra cash on, even if the Maxogen is better, its not gonna be 5bhp+ better, maybe 1 or 2 at very most over a Viper/BMC

the price i was quoted as a ball park figure for the Maxogen for the 172 was £280, which IMHO is not that bad a price

whereas the DA is just a universal filter thrown together, the Maxogen is a well researched and developed product, unique fitment to all its applications

gains i have seen from a universal maxogen fitted to a cavalier v6 were very impresive, giving 7bhp more midrange than the cda, which in turn gave out 2bhp more than the viper, peak power was also increased by 3bhp over both, torque was massively improved throughout the range

as i say, ill get some rr graphs to prove the figures once the filter has been developed

until then - reserve your judgement, and keep quiet, its not open to debate, this is guaging interest

Skoda Fabia vRS

id be very interested in those graphs.......7bhp MORE than a CDA and 9bhp MORE than a Viper, just from a filter........

brun - i dont have the graphs from the cav, it wasnt my car, but i was at the RR day, so can certify the gains (remeber, this is a v6, not your average 4pot, higher gains are generally expected)

when the grpahs are ready for the williams then well be able to compare how they are,

until then, its just got to be put down as the 2nd best filter available for sensible money