ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams , Nut & Bolt Resto

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Has anyone been following this Instagram page with the resto of the Clio Williams ?

looks like it’s been sat in a garage, unit or barn for many years.

9C8D1AA2-A41B-4903-9615-9BB0CC837EAB.jpeg

0E35A6CB-EC8C-4F10-B8F9-3DD3D0297FBE.jpeg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    31.8 MB
Last edited:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
‘Dirt’

I’m always very suspicious of these ‘barn’ finds. I recently cleaned up a car that was sat for a few months and it was an utter ballache to clean. Nowhere near as straight forward as that looks

‘Dirt’

I’m always very suspicious of these ‘barn’ finds. I recently cleaned up a car that was sat for a few months and it was an utter ballache to clean. Nowhere near as straight forward as that looks

I rented space in a barn with a floor of bone dry compacted scalpings or whatever it's called. You could put a car in there and within a few weeks it would look like that due to the dust being carried in the wind through the hit and miss cladding.

Found a photo of a car that I’d cleaned ready for sale and this was after a few days!

E97959E6-29A9-4B4A-9C6A-3B80CB655118.jpeg

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Wouldn’t say it’s been just splattered.
it’s clearly thick dust and not “Mud”

Granted it could have been laying for 6weeks, 6 months or 16 years but none the less from what I have seen it’s still going to be a full rebuild / restore.

My trophy is in the garage and has moved once for its MOT and it’s got a layer of dust on it.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
See it all the time with companies that sell stuff to clean or protect footwear.

They do a demo vid showing them turning some muddy trainers into spanking clean, but it's always fresh few hours old mud, never the kind of general dirt and grease that builds up from normal wear, so it's irrelevant.

The fact that this is basically advertising for a detailing company makes me think it's exactly the same thing.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
that fake, just covered it in a load of dust and jetwashed it off, its prisitine underneath without even trying.