ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams or 106 GTi, 306 GTi-6, VTS

LY 200

I would probably buy a proper nice Williams but thats cause im a Clio nut!!!!

Outta the others though i think the only one to have is the 106 GTI!!!!

The williams!! No car comes close to pure driving involvement and feedback :D

Id closely follow that with the 106GTI, Id rule out the VTS due to the interior personally...

Also all the 306s look alike which has always spoilt them IMO! :cry:

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Topper182 on 01 February 2005
I had a Black GTI-6 from new very nice car put a full magnex system on it twin head light conversion (peugeot) . It was a beast, great drive and lovely car on motorway only downside was the turning circle which was as good as sea ferry .... I would love to know where it is now Reg was R69 KFR if anyone knows ..

I used to look a real idiot trying to park at work. More lock one way than the other.

Ive always wondered what happened to S343 LRP. Just look at it, stunning car: http://www.leemather.plus.com/page3.htmLink

Quote: Originally posted by fmp_ on 01 February 2005
106 and saxo are identical cars, same chassis, same suspension, same engine, eveything.its just cosmetic differences. i have a track day saxo VTS, on throttle bodies, roll cage, grp N suspension etc etc, and it is an amazing car, out handles 95% of stuff on track days, and goes pretty well in a straight line too!!gti6 is a nice car, but hard to find a total minter.clio, not really experienced one, but getting a bit old now?!?!

the main shell engine and alot of other parts are shared but the suspension is not the same and i even noticed that there was a difference in how offset the pedals felt between the two cars when driving them back to back (both cars were std bar induction kits btw)

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by BigBoreBri on 01 February 2005

The williams!! No car comes close to pure driving involvement and feedback :D

Id closely follow that with the 106GTI, Id rule out the VTS due to the interior personally...

Also all the 306s look alike which has always spoilt them IMO! :cry:
Agreed.....The VTS interiors gotta be one of the worst sports model interiors ever produced!!!!

Older cars such as the Rs Turbo Recaros and even the Valver kicks it into touch which really shouldnt be the case!!!!

GTI-6. loved mine. Regret selling it already. perfect blend of all things.

Just to put the record straight though, it aint bad on petrol. mine was better than my valver and id get 400 miles to a tank without much worry.

And 6th aint an overdrive or cruising gear. Its not much longer than 5th.

if i had choice, id go with the williams again i think, there all french so WILL have problems! all fun cars to drive , of couse 106 and saxo should be cheaper but thats obvious why!

Hmm, The Williams.. because..

<quote>

a) 6th Best Car of the Last Decade
b) Best Hot Hatch Ever.

</quote>

Insurance isnt too bad.. seriously..
Maintence is a lot, yea.. but when its running right, no other car in its class is better.

Bear in mind tho, it took Mat and me about 2 years to find two proper mint ones.. although, you can be a lot less picky and get one within a week or two, hehe. Depends how really mint you want it (no paint etc..)
Most people, I doubt care.. much.. ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab

for me itd be the 106 GTi again in China Blue with OZ Polaris.

stunning and amazing handling.

I just got a 106 GTI. Only driven it 40 miles but it is such a scream to drive. Used to have a 16v clio and would say that it is a better drivers car but not as fun as the GTI.

GTI everytime

FRST and 106 GTi

Hi do love clios, so Williams is th answer... BUT would love to have a pug 205 1.9 GTi with Mi16 lump... damn that is a fast moded car!!!

I thought this was a Clio forum? Wheres the alegiance to Clios??

Gotta agree with Daz, the Williams was voted by EVO magazine as the 6th best drivers car of the last 10 years. I think that says it all.

Driving un modified versions of all of the above, i think it would beat all of them hands down. I am biased tho :cool:

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF

willy = lovely car, want one, really really fun to drive

306gti 6 = again awesome car, handling is brilliant, quality gearbox, nice looking also.

VTS = quick, rare, same engine as the 106 so cant be bad;)

106 gti = great handling, great looking, quick car just love driving it :D

BMW E46 330i Touring

All great cars then, I think its fair to say that any of these as standard, in nice condition, would make a decent purchase. ;)

How diplomatic!

clio 200 F4Rt

Loony - beleive me, the suspension is the same. go check the part numbers at your local dealers!!

Quote: Originally posted by Zmaster2k on 01 February 2005

5 turbo!- Its expensive, constaly breaks down, weak head gaskets, blown turbos, there quite old and they drink petrol! ----------why isnt it on the list?
mind you its a little go kart!! worth every tow to garage!

oh sh*t wassnt on list

in which case steer clear of saxos erghghghghghghghgh

106 is nice but is slowly getting th saxo image!

Williams is amazing but youll pay for the priveledge in price and fuel and Insurance.

306 GTI-6 is one of the nicest cars ive ever had the priveledge to drive. slightly larger quite tuneable and is shockingly good on the twisties!

i know what id have if i had a choice..................5 tur.......sh*t.......Williams then!
expensive- wrong, how the hell is it expensive compared to say a 172 or the like

constanlty breaks down- wrong, depends on condition of car and how you getting your power, mine ran for virtually 4 years without any blow ups and only twice did it screw me in 4 years , look at how many probs 172 owners have!

weak head gasket- ARGHHH could you be anymore wrong, providing the fuellings bob on and you not goin spastic with the boost and coolings fine(not THAT hard to get right) then the headgasket will not blow, people assume you can run 20psi on stock everything, no the fact its running lean will eat away at the head gasket and blow it,

old well thats true

eat petrol, depends on level of tuning, and then when your running a quicker 1/4 than a 355 dosent seem all that bad !!!

but you are right its a proper proper good car, and when tuned properly and running right they are lightning fast, its the renault hot hatch to beat at 1/4 miles IMO

the 106 and saxo are the same car! i had a vtr and my mate had a quicksilver both were identical on mechanical side just a few panels different

GTiR330 letstorquebhp.com

GTi-6 - fantastic car, really chuckable balance on a twistie road, quality slick 6 speed box, and enough pace to show a few modern newer cars a thing or too...managed to keep up with 172s no problem (go on booooo! :)) and my blaze/gold 6 is for sale if you interested, mileage is not a problem becuase it drives superb, and the wife will so hate to see it go (company car) now 3395 or less..

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=34707&s=74http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=34707&s=74

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 02 February 2005

the 106 and saxo are the same car! i had a vtr and my mate had a quicksilver both were identical on mechanical side just a few panels different
Perhaps but nearly every magizine review rates the 106 GTi over the Saxo VTS. Dont know why?

The VTR is superior to the Quiksilver! The VTR is a 1.6 with rear discs. The quiksilver is the Pug version of the West Coast or Furio (1.4). I believe the VTR,VTS and GTi also have wider track.