ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Ride = Amazin

Glacier White 197 Cup
One of my mates has had his williams clio for about half a year now and he took me for a spin in it on saturday night for the first time. I was just totally amazed at how well it stuck to the road. Am sure i have never been in a better handling car. It seemed like it would just go round corners as fast as on straights. Am sure it was either super glued to the road or running on rails. His car isn't even on coilovers, just standard set up! I thought my 172 was good but now have a very different opinion of it. My car just feels like a boat.

Would most of you agree who have been in both a williams and 172?

VaVa
Yup. 172 handles pretty well but Williams is a whole different beast. They would probably go round a track at a similar pace std vstd but the Williams makes the 172/182's feel crude by comparison. imho.

i would have one in a shot if they weren't mostly around 100k miles.

there's a few low miler examples out there, but they're very cherished!

Polo GTi
I have both, and the Williams is awesome on the road, only really noticed much difference the other day, when im sat in the williams it feels a lot smaller car and it seems to feel a lot lower the driving position.

My Cup has Eibachs on it and to be honest it handles very very well not as much body roll as the Williams as thats on standard suspension, back end feels a little more fruity on the Cup, but both are very fine handling cars. My Willy is on 83k, bought it on 53k, enjoyed every mile of it.

I prefere the Williams all the way its maybe not the quicker car although they are quicker on track and 1/4 mile etc but its so much more fun and alive.

Clio 172
I used to have a remapped Williams, miss it like hell, went like stink and so much more fun than my 172 but it cost an arm and a leg to run. If anyone's running M257 KFP let me know how it doing!!

Completely agree, my Williams had new springs, shocks and top mounts and handled as it would new, which was a vast improvement on the tired worn suspension it came with... but even then it was amazing... compared to my 172 Ph1 on coilovers the Williams is still worlds apart, corners I can take in the 172 I could take MUCH quicker in the Williams, round abouts too. 172 will understeer first, the Willy will just glide round on 3 wheels with more body roll but a s**t load faster.

IMO the Willy is the better track car and quicker standard for standard, just hard to live with as a daily runner as some are prone to breaking a lot...

535d / t5 caravelle
i would have one in a shot if they weren't mostly around 100k miles.

there's a few low miler examples out there, but they're very cherished!

mines on 98k full history and runs as if its done 20k!

The F7 lumps go for miles though - mine's only the F7P, admittedly, but it's still pulling strong at almost 130k :cool:

I will probably keep it until it dies - I love the way it will just grip and grip no matter what - I think I'd probably understeer into the first tree if I swapped to something else! lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've got both! If the fucker wouldn't continually break on me it was win hands down!

Looks cool, handling is amazing even in std trim. And instantly quick!

172 is good tho, but more grown up!