ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams springs

astra coupe 2.2

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1078166168__2.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1078166168__2.jpg

ok, here is my passenger side front spring thats broken, by the looks of the snap its been some time. it has only come to light as its worked its way loose and rattled and made grinding noises when turning!!!! the technical question that i pose to you guys is do you think that its still ok to drive the car with this bit of spring missing, (its from the bottom end of the spring) Im currently looking into getting a new pair but cos they are all Renault main dealer parts they cost a bomb, has anyone got other suitable suggestions??

Cheers!!!!!!!!

its not healthy to drive about with a broken spring as its not sitting as it should.

i personally wouldnt, but you can pootle about relatively safely.

just replace it asap though

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

personally i would drive very carefully until you get the spring replaced.the broken spring could make the vehicle pull heavily to that side under heavy braking.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

It will be running on the bumpstops, making it a really hard ride at that side. Should be ok for a few weeks, but the longer you leave it....................

Only place to get springs from is renault. Do a search as all info needed is on here.

Clio 172 cup

Dude there are some willy 2 springs on ebay currently going for 2.99

Hope this helps.......................;)

Clio 172 cup

STILL ONLY 2.99!!!

Matt.. On the ebay home page just do a search for renault clio williams and you will see them

they have done 65,000 miles though hence the low price