ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams sub frame

mk1 clio 1.4sport
Hi all,

not posted on here for a while due to not having my clio on the road due to an incident with a curb and a white van resulting in a bent subframe!

Therefore i need a new engine subframe... my car is a 1997/8 mk1 facelift 1.4 sport maxim. Now what i need to know is if i bought a williams engine subfarme would it fit as i have found one going quite cheap...

Thanks in advance

Matt

clio 182 sport/
you better check with a renault dealer because they have different part numbers,that usually means they differ in some way, it mightfit into the car but will the steering rack fit to the frame and i think the stabiliser mounting from the engine/gearbox is different. I know the wishbones are different.... hav fun fitting it....

you better check with a renault dealer because they have different part numbers,that usually means they differ in some way, it mightfit into the car but will the steering rack fit to the frame and i think the stabiliser mounting from the engine/gearbox is different. I know the wishbones are different.... hav fun fitting it....

William is a stronger subframe double skinned. same size etc though.

The 1.4RT doesn't have the 4th mount so thre no problem there.

mk1 clio 1.4sport
cheers guys! fitting it shouldn't be too much of a problem as have engine crane etc and kind of know what i'm doing and have friends that do! do you know if this is a common problem on the mk1 as ive spoken to a few people who have bent their sub frames with fairly light impact! also drivers side headlight glass... fallen straight out? that common too?