ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams timing belt service

225 Cup & Williams
So my Williams has been sat in my garage for not far off 2 years which probably hasn't been good for the condition of the timing belt also it's been on for 4 or so years. Are the belts or belt as expensive to get changed on these as they are on the 1*2's? And do i need a kit with all the tensioners etc or just the belt?

So my Williams has been sat in my garage for not far off 2 years which probably hasn't been good for the condition of the timing belt also it's been on for 4 or so years. Are the belts or belt as expensive to get changed on these as they are on the 1*2's? And do i need a kit with all the tensioners etc or just the belt?

full kit job personally and around £350-400 parts and labour

pm danny at 519 automotive

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The last one I had done, the mechanic got so fcuked off he ended up removing the engine to do it! lol.

225 Cup & Williams
LOL yeah it's tight as f**k in the engine bay. Took me a whole weekend to change an alternator on mine total nightmare.

BMW 535d
IMO if you can replace an alternator you could just as easily do the cambelt. I think the F7 lumps are quite possibly the easiest engines ever made to line a cambelt up on

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Worst part of this job... bonnet off - If the bolts snap you're fekked!

I don't know how Danny does these as some people don't bother removing the bonnet but I like having full access on these. The last one I did (Late 2011) wasn't bad until I came to the crank lock cover bolt which someone previous had rounded and totally destroyed so I had to remove the radiator and spend nearly 1.5hrs on to get out. These older F7 cars can be troublesome but the job itself is a doddle!

Mick

williams and trophy
2 hours work tops. they are a piece of piss to do. everythings marked up on the belt. one of the easiest belt changes ever imho. how people can struggle with these is beyond me .

HBT 172 Cup
previous had rounded and totally destroyed so I had to remove the radiator and spend nearly 1.5hrs on to get out. These older F7 cars can be troublesome but the job itself is a doddle!

Mick

Had that problem on my 172 absolute nightmare, replaced with a allen key head bolt (should be one there as standard imo considering the limited access to try and fit a ratcher down there!)