ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams track discs and pads

205 GTI-6/ Clio 182
Hey Guys
I know the Brembo HC discs and DS2500 / CL rc5+ and rc6 pads are the go to brake setup for 1x2's but what is everyone using / recommend on mk1's in particular for a Williams?

Thx

I ran the HC discs with both Pagid Blue and then the RC5+, IIRC. I liked both, although the RC5+ were more aggressive - they felt a lot more 'grind-y' through the brake pedal (+ racecar squeal in town).

Both were good from cold. The RC5+ might actually have been 'too much' for the road - you could brake from speed and keep your foot on the pedal in the same position but have the retardation increase as they got heat into them :D lol

Would have them again, though, as they inspired confidence and I never had fade (although I don't use my breaks much on the road).

205 GTI-6/ Clio 182
I know Brembo is the make and HC the model. You've linked to general Brembo discs. I wou;d have preferred HC's which White16Valver suggested he was running so thought there may be some easy mod to fit them as the HC's dont appear to come in a 259mm size!

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I know Brembo is the make and HC the model. You've linked to general Brembo discs. I wou;d have preferred HC's which White16Valver suggested he was running so thought there may be some easy mod to fit them as the HC's dont appear to come in a 259mm size!

Fitting 172 hubs is pretty straight forward I am told. Just a case of shaving a bit off the hub where it mounts to the shocks. If you fancies that idea. Frees you up to use 1*2 pads/discs/calipers. (all reversible stuff so can be changed back if wanting to go back to original)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ah fair enough, still ask George at RTR he may be able to source the HC but tbh the standard will be fine