ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

willy/16v

as im new to the seen,can you point out the diff between the wiilly/16v APART FROM THE ENGINE SPEC/INTERIOR!!!

as i know the dark blue 16vs look very similar to the willy!??

cheers ken.

u jus pointed out most the differences m8! the only difference is the engine and interior! apart form the gold rims!

the williams comes in one colour!

Skoda Fabia vRS

well apart from the engine spec and the interior there isnt that much different tbh......

well i know the willy3 is a diff colour to the 1&2

its just i see one the other day and i was looking and thought that theres not much diff!!

except the stickers and the side trims!!

oh and am i wong in saying the std 16v comes with yelllow fogs?

no 16/willy all come with white fogs althouh some 16v come with yellow fogs

besides what u pointed out already

willy 1 have numbered plaque and is the rawest of them alll. has no sunroof, manual mirrors and no abs

willy 3 had sunroof electry mirrors and abs

willy 2 had sunroof and electry mirrors with abs as a option

n reg 16v clio and willy 3 come in nicer monaco 432 monaco blue

willy 1 and 2 and 16v before n-reg come in 449 sports blue

and another thing is the willy has a wider front track wheels stick out a bit more compared to a 16v

Willy has a 34mm wider front track courtesy of different offset 7J Speedline wheels (6.5J Speedline Vega on 16V Phase2) and longer 19 16V front lower wishbones. The Willy uses different shocks/springs to the 16V, though retains the braking system (apart from extra rear bias on the bias valve) and four torsion bars rear suspension. It also has a thicker front anti-roll bar.

The Willys bodywork is exactly the same as the Phase1/2 16V, apart from a slightly larger rear lip spoiler (on Phase2 models). Phase1 16v/Willy come with yellow fogs, Phase2 come with clear. Williams 1 is from Phase1, Willy 2 falls into both Phase1 and 2 and Willy 3 is Phase2. Willy 1 and 2 were not available with a sunroof or ABS - both of which the Willy had as options (I think).

The gear ratios are the same in1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th as the 16V, although because the Willy engine cuts out at lower revs, they are in practice shorter. 5th gear is slightly longer. The Willy gbox has a tougher casing (courtesy of the 19 TD) and larger diameter secondary shaft, although the diff crownwheel is the same size as that of the 16V.

The interior uses re-trimmed 19 16V front seats (also used in 16V with leather option) and the Willy 1 has a numbered dash plaque. Willys also have blue boot and floor carpets, a suit carrier under the parcel shelf and specific steering wheel/gear knob.

The engine crank case is the same as the 16Vs, though the crank from the 1.9 diesel engine is used. 16V conrods are used, though the Willys pistons get thinner compression rings. It also has a mildly wider bore and shorter throw - giving extra torque at lower revs. The head has resin coating and wider inlet valves, along with polished inlet parts and a tubular manifold (cast on 16V).

To me, the Willy represents a more thorough makeover than the Cup is over the 172.

Quote: Originally posted by dj illusion on 21 June 2003

Heres a question....

Did all Willy 3s have Sunroofs? Cos mine aint got one
Hmm would have got a Willie 3 if Icould get one without a SR!!!

Trophy

The willy 3s are the only ones that all came with a sunroof and none of the willy 2s came with a sunroof.
Also willy 2 doesnt have leccy mirrors.

dj illusion,

Check your oval plate to see whats going on, you can mail the details to CB1A and hell tell you all there is to know about your car.

Mat.

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 22 June 2003

dj illusion,

Check your oval plate to see whats going on, you can mail the details to CB1A and hell tell you all there is to know about your car.

Mat.
Got the info from CB1A a while back it mentions the Sunroof, is it possible to get them removed? If not something aint adding up well.

Willy 2 does come with electric windows as standard

Also, The willy 1 is by far NOT there rarest, the willy3 is:

Dear Mr ******

Following your recent enquiry I have been making further investigations
regarding the number of Clio Williams that were sold and can now provide you
with further information -

400 Williams 1
482 Williams 2
308 Williams 3

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Regards

Anna Hurley
Renault Customer Services

BMW 320d Sport

No its definitely the 3. Ive seen a lot of Willys in my time (NO pun intended!!!:oops:) and hardly any of them were 3s. All Willys are looked after just as well, if anything the 1s more so because they were the original and numbered which the 2s and 3s werent. But thats still not enough to persuade me to get a 3 with a sunroof!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

To be honest with ya if u aint got a sun roof on a willy !! You have had a major result !! They only leak and rattle !! So count ya blessings !! I know i am !!

But then im biased !!