ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

- Willy gear box...

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Just wondering if anybody caqn help us out.

Im thinking about buying a willy 1, the only problem is the Diff pins have died.

How much/hard etc is it to replace them?

Cheers in advance...

-R

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Do you have to get a new gear box?

Wouldnt you be able to just purchase the pinions and get a gear box company to fit them?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

best option would be the exchange box. not sure what separate parts are avaliable regarding the diff and it might just be a new complete diff which would be pretty exspensive and youll have to pay the labour to strip the box down as well. at least with the exchange box you get a fully reconditioned unit and 12 months warranty.

I would definately go for the recon box, rebuilding a box doesnt always pay dividends and costs a fortune.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

ooh stripping gearboxes, all those springs,balls and roll pins-aaaarrrgghhh!,where did that go!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 13 April 2004
abuse!

well i did a full throttle gear change that bust it i think, was ok still but went downhill from there. im usually considerate with it but my mate had been taunting me for ages, and we were racing. couldnt let him win ;)

williams and trophy

lol the box that came in my willy wen i bought it has taken 2 years worth of full throttle changes........an its still a pretty good box, crunches a little in 2nd is all

when i got the box recond out the willy 2 it cost me £400..but they had to put new gears,pinion shaft,bearings etc etc in ........a new un from reno is £650 with a £60 surcharge on ur old unit i believe.......but that comes with a 12 month warranty

whats a full throttle change when its @ home? :confused: If im understanding right theres nothing wrong with changing gear just before the redline?

I think he means putting it back in gear whilst youve got the throttle pedal jammed down to the floor!!

Hence re-engaging the gear makes the box not a happy chappy! ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

1st to 4th wihout letting mi right foot off the floor! all were ok but 3rd to 4th made a horrible bang. since then was popping out of 2nd and crunching in 2nd. now the housing has cracked!

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 13 April 2004

1st to 4th wihout letting mi right foot off the floor! all were ok but 3rd to 4th made a horrible bang. since then was popping out of 2nd and crunching in 2nd. now the housing has cracked!
LOL - quality, never tried that, not sure id wunna try either after hearing that! How much does it imporve 1/4 times? I hear weight has a secret for 1/4ing to help improve times - is this it?