ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy popping out of gear just b4 6k

My mates clio willy pops out of gear just before it reaches 6000 revs in first and second gear. Has any1 else experienced this? What do you think the problem could be?

Clio 197

Mine was popping out on jumps and in the Karrussel. I checked the dog bone and it was fine. Drove a 16V yesterday and the same thing happened in Karrussel. I think it may be that all of the mounts may get just a little worn allowing this to happen under extreme loads, not just the dogbone, but I could be wrong...

Why check the adjustment on the gear change linkage? How do you do this? So you dont think the gearbox itself is shagged? How much do gearbox dog bones cost?

Thanks adam

mine did this, the gearbox gave way soon after. try caning it in second then backing off and then on the power again, the selector fork or sync mesh is at fault. new box time me thinks! although, i chnged my bottom engine mount and fitted a new gear linkage and this cured it for a while, eventually it wouldnt go into gears and would pop out of all gears not just second.

Its your syncro-mesh thats gone mate, definatly a new gear box needed for you unless you like stripping em into bits and sorting it out yourself - I wouldnt recommend it tho as you should get a re-con box for under £300