ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy Vs Rover Coupe T - A few Q’s!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Not a racing tale or anything like that and please nobody turn it into one!

This is a genuine post! What would be needed to get a willy powered clio to keep up with one of these things?

170bhp?

tiTTy & SV650

my mate has one, they have a LSD god theyre ugly 0-60 in 6.5 standard IIRC. Will a standard Willy not keep up with one? My mate was trying to keep up with my 182 - but that wasnt racing, just playing.

Clio 200 Cup packed

a 220 turbo will do a ton in 15 flat, a 182 will take more like 17... not sure bout a 170 willy...

although midrange, turbo lag is about 3 days...

Youll need more then 170bhp Tom, those tomcat coupes push alittle over 200bhp through the front wheels so have about the same transmission loss as our clios. Not sure how much they weigh having said that - my valver is pushing 168 @ the fly and i wouldnt bother myself (in a straight line anyway) they go like stink.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ahh right. I know theyre quick! they have chocolate internals though! lol

The stats i have for them are 197bhp, 1200Kgs, 0-60 6.5, 0-100 16.5, 1/4 14.8

So thats 164bhp per tonne but plenty of torque being a turbo!

Ive driven near one of these in my 182Cup when we were both driving on a motorway spur off the M1. Absolutely level pegging.

tiTTy & SV650

most are probably running a higher turbo boost than standard.

With a LSD they should pull better and handle shouldnt they?!

Theyre not slow though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Have been chatting to a kiddy at work that had one and he sad the handling is truely shocking! He said it was still dodgy with coilovers

He wrote his off on a corner too! lol

renault clio 182 cup

I had a rover 220 coupe turbo before buying my 182 cup.it was an N reg with 44000 miles on the clock,sold it for £2800 which was good as list was £1700.it was one which rover kepted in storage and wasnt released until 1998 which is why the mileage was so low.it was a lovely car,lots of power but after test driving the 182 cup it showed me how far cars have moved on in 10 years ie brakes,handling,comfort etc etc.trust me the power difference between the cars is minimal