ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

willy vs vts videos

Kangoo 70 DCi +

i actually own the tuned 306 Dturbo neil is on about. and yes it will be 170+ bhp and just under 300 FT-LB of torque.

the car actually is lighter than a GTi-6, as the HDi lump is lighter than the cast iron 2ltr thats in the GTi-6 and the 5 speed box is lighter too.

my car has 4 mods really, 600mm x 320mm front mounted intercooler, raised fuel pressure, re-mapped ecu. and a enlarged turbo to increse flow rate.

the car will be in action for the peugeot sport club day at bruntingthorpe which will be featured in performance GTi. also the car is going to a renault, citroen, peugeot rolling road day too so all you 16 valve will have a change to try and beat my cars power figures and ill just double your torque output!

what good is torque when it is only produced below 4000 revs? caravan towing, stick to it mate. fair enough a diesel producing the power you claim will beat many cars, possibly including a valver BUT as mentioned before, reliability goes down the drain when a car is producing almost double its intended power.

oh and its a diesel.

oh yeah, the amount of money you spent on your diesel, why not buy a 306 gti-6?

AND, your 170bhp would not touch a standard gti-6 because of gearing and set up.

AND i dont like you

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by galv on 27 January 2003

so all you 16 valve will have a change to try and beat my cars power figures and ill just double your torque output!

Right then, well if yours will be the most powerful HDI, i nominate Nick Read to show you what a 16v can do :devilish: Could be a close one! ;) Dont think youll double his torque output.

BMW 320d Sport

Paul you took the words right out of my mouth...two can play the old turbo tuning game. My valver will be making 240bhp and 250lb/ft of torque minimum and it doesnt run out of puff at 4500 or sound like a taxi...just cruising at 15psi.

Zafira and GSXR

Round town not 0-60. The clio hits 60 just before me I was about 2 foot off his bumper (race started side by side).

APR do a chip for the Seat Ibiza 130bhp TDI Sport. 130bhp and 228 lb/ft turns in to 170/180 bhp (depends on engine) and 300lb/ft. These have a six speed box and are reasonably light !

Watch out 16valve boys. Thats not a piss take either. In the gears they will level peg a standard scoob, ie MY01 wrx and above

i have kept up with and undertaken a new scooby on the twisties(nice flowing twisties where i could keep my foot down) they are not ver fast and i have coilovers and i can drive

Whenever I come back to these posts Im tempted to write a "killer post", in which the laws of science, quantitative analysis and qualitative assessment will blow away the case for a HDi in all but the very highest state of tune beating a standard 16v. But sometimes weve just got to take a step back...

Im not bothered about being beaten by a diesel. My mates 3.0 V6 Saab TDi nearly does. But that has 175bhp and 258lb/ft as standard. Yes, its heavy, but even a 150bhp Pug 306 will only just match its power to weight.

At the end of the day, were going to find out soon...

Zafira and GSXR

because both of you are so busy over the next couple of weeks. Should be a good night, bring ya mates etc lets make it a good one. Will PM you both after the 15th to see whats happening.

Cheers

CTR EK9 turbo

ben j - if i was hammering it my needles would have been reading 143 and 6500...........not 90 past the speed trap ;)

+ i was on the fone to leanne when u kept shootin off so i couldnt drop a gear and i was still keepin up (u werent pullin away much)

Zafira and GSXR

Ben J you giving a 172 a hard time and you want a go at me. WHY lol. You might aswell moving onto my mates 172 but I am up for laugh if you are. ;)

CTR EK9 turbo

Seriously tho, if we do decide to race ill make sure the cold pipes are on the airbox and there are no speed traps.......

How do you fair against mk.2 16v golfs? theyre about similar power to a 16v id have thought? 137 bhp i believe. My friends beats VTSs and its mildly modded - lightened flywheel and uprated fuel pump or something i think(?)

My proudest scalps are as follows: stnd pulsar, 328, y-reg wrx estate bug-eyed boat, VTS (me 4-up), 306 rallye, mk.2 172.

"Ben J you giving a 172 a hard time and you want a go at me. WHY lol. You might aswell moving onto my mates 172 but I am up for laugh if you are. ;)"
Neil - this is why were coming down! Im not going to be there to race anything else except this mega-HDi of yours: :D

Quote: Originally posted by NeilPUG on 26 January 2003

still dishing diesels, I have raced a couple of 16v and never lost

sorry to wreck your dreams.

wake up.

CTR EK9 turbo

Y-reg silver one belongs to chrisMvts on saxosports club, he was 2 up i was 4 up. (did someone mention that the y-regs had 130 bhp?) Anyway, 6 people can vouch for it. I guess it must be a dud VTS as i did also beat him using my dads golf 1.8T 4-door boat.

mk2 172

must be then. if hes two up then thats changes things a little, vts relies a lot on p to w cos of its humble power figures.

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 29 January 2003

"Ben J you giving a 172 a hard time and you want a go at me. WHY lol. You might aswell moving onto my mates 172 but I am up for laugh if you are. ;)"
Neil - this is why were coming down! Im not going to be there to race anything else except this mega-HDi of yours: :D

Quote: Originally posted by NeilPUG on 26 January 2003

still dishing diesels, I have raced a couple of 16v and never lost

sorry to wreck your dreams.

wake up.
Ben H what mods are you running then and be truthful.

Plus I was up set when I made that comment so you cant hold it against me. I was tring to stir things up.