ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wilwoods, Excessive squeaking, esp & abs light on

ZSCLIO

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Hi Guys,
Just had a set of ktec/wilwood callipers, braided lines, mintex 1144 pads and hc brembo discs installed (all new) yesterday. I managed to get out 2 km down the road before the esp light went on and about another km before the abs light came on. When you turn the ignition off and on again, the lights disappear but come on again after a minute or so, always at separate times. On top of this, i know the brakes need to be bed in but the break squeaking is rather excessive. The mechanic ran a diagnostic and it mentioned something about "brake pressure sensor or brake pressure plate", but don't quote me on that one. They were able to manually deactivate the lights but came on again when i started the car.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Wilwoods or when installing new brakes? Any ideas what it may be?

Cheers,

Ari

First off, check all ABS sensors are free from debris, they tend to get a build up of brake pad/disc material as they're magnetic (especially on bedding in new pads and discs). If this doesn't work then see if the garage has knocked one of the ABS sensors increasing the gap to the ABS ring (Also check the rings themselves for rust, dirt and cracks). If this doesn't work try and reset the brake pedal sensor (search on the forum for instructions). If that doesn't work then try and see if the ABS connector under the car (passenger side, within the a-frame) as this may have crap in it or maybe has been knocked. And if non of that works get the car on Renault Clip diagnostics and this will pinpoint where the issue is.

Good luck, oh and you wont have any ABS and 50/50 brake bias when the ABS light is on, so be careful.

ZSCLIO

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Thanks will check all of that. Just thought i should mention, i did receive the wrong driveshaft from renault which i installed and drove about 50km on but no lights came on. I just re-installed the correct driveshaft, not sure if this could cause the abs sensor to malfunction?

Thanks will check all of that. Just thought i should mention, i did receive the wrong driveshaft from renault which i installed and drove about 50km on but no lights came on. I just re-installed the correct driveshaft, not sure if this could cause the abs sensor to malfunction?
I doubt it unless something was damaged on refitting the correct driveshaft...

ZSCLIO

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Anyone got any idea why there would be such excessive squeaking?

dan's cast offs.
It's the pads, mine are bloody awful until you get some heat in them and stomp on the brakes.

ZSCLIO

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
So managed to get to a mechanic, this is what came out.
image.jpeg

ZSCLIO

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
My CL5+ are horrendous when cold, as above you need heat in them.

Mine are so bad I can't even have the windows down cause they hurt my ears? Are yours that bad? Also any idea what those error codes refer to?

Seems its your steering angle sensor behind your steering wheel and brake pedal sensor which activates the brake lights. Search for them both on here mate